Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snorkelling off the beach

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yram
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Snorkelling off the beach Empty
PostSubject: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 am

Where on the island is best for this, ie some fish and coral not far from shore? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
callum
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Yram,

Definately the south east of Lombok. Beautiful corals and amazing fish life
Back to top Go down
yram
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks Callum. Somewhere specific in this area? Sorry but I'm new to Lombok so not yet familiar with the different areas.
Back to top Go down
Nic66
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:15 am

You might ask at Dive Zone, they recommend Sekotong in season and are very helpful. http://www.divezone-lombok.com/en/scuba-diving/kuta/dive-shop/
Back to top Go down
yram
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 am

Thanks, I'll contact Dive in. From their website I get the impression that you would stay in Kuta and motor bike out to various beaches. Sounds lovely. Smile
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:51 pm

I'd recommend Gili Nangu. There is accommodation there if you want to stay, or you can do a day trip either by boat from Senggigi/Mangsit or drive to a little harbour (about 2 hours from Senggigi) and cross from there. I've also heard Gili Gede has good snorkelling but I haven't been there.

Gili Nangu has a nice white sand beach spit with shade trees. There are no hawkers as it is privately owned. There is only one choice for accommodation there, which is OK, although the restaurant (only place to eat) is very so-so and not good value for money. I usually do a day trip and take my own water and snacks. The snorkelling is quite nice straight off the beach - it is not the most amazing coral you will see in the world (you have to go somewhere like Ningaloo or the Maldives for that) but it is nice enough and reasonably good condition.
Back to top Go down
yram
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Is Gili Nangu to the north because we intend to stay at the Tugu resort for a few days and I know there are some Gili islands just off the coast from there but not sure which ones?
Back to top Go down
callum
Lombok Friend

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 am

Hi Yram,

Gili Nanggu is in the South West of Lombok and quite away from Kuta. It is on the way to the surfing spot of Banko Banko. Or desert point.
There is now alternative accommodation to the bungalows on Gili Nanggu. Krisna bungalows have just opened near Twun Hardbound where you catch boats to gili nanggu. They have a boat which you can rent to go to nanggu or the many other islands.
Divezone caters for people who want to go scuba diving.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 am

Hey Callum, have you got any information on Krisna Bungalows. I've always thought I'd like to stay around Tuan harbour, but other than that big villa for rent there didn't seem to be any affordable options. The beach there is quite nice, and that part of the coast is so scenic, I really love the trip out there.
Back to top Go down
yram
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:12 pm

I think I need a good map - can someone suggest? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Paul&Siti
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Yram

Have a look at this link below its one of the best maps i have see for maps of Lombok.

http://www.thelombokguide.com/map_of_lombok_preview.html

Happy snorkling

Paul
Back to top Go down
callum
Lombok Friend

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 am

hi freogirl.

i live not far from the krisna bungalows.
they are 150,000 a night. they have cold fresh water shower, double bed, fan and they are quite clean and directly on the beach.
the big villa for rent is my villa. that's where i live.
if you like i can take some pictures for you today and e-mail them to you so you can see what they look like or you can go to youtube.com/user/ptlomboksolutions

cheers callum
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Callum
I won't be back to Lombok until at least next year, so no hurry. Nice villa ! I must admit when I saw your villa I thought how nice it would be to live there. If you get a chance at some point would be great to see some information on Krisna. It is more in my budget Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snorkelling off the beach   Snorkelling off the beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snorkelling off the beach
Page 1 of 1