Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windy Beach Resort

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-29

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: Windy Beach Resort   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Windy Beach resort ????
What is it like ?
Thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
mimpikami
Lombok Lover
mimpikami

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: Windy Beach   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:48 am

I haven't stayed over at Windy Beach but have been out there many times to relax. During my trip to Lombok in April I went there as well. It's very nice and quiet out there, the garden is well kept and now a days there's a swimmingpool as well. They have both older bamboo bungalows and newer concrete bungalows. If I should choose a nice place at a good location I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Windy Beach myself. There's lots of pictures on the homepage www.windybeach.com
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windy Beach Resort   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 am

Personally I think it is a little expensive for what you get. The location is excellent, and by all reports the staff are good (but that has been eratic over the years). The did a bit of an upgrade about 5 years ago, put a pool in and fixed up some rooms, and doubled their prices.
Personally I think Beach Club Senggigi, which is a similar price, is much better value. The rooms are nicer, however Windy does have the best bit of beach in Mangsit, and Windy does not get as much road noise as Beach Club.
Back to top Go down
mimpikami
Lombok Lover
mimpikami

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: beach club   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I totally agree that the "Beach Club" is a nice place. I enjoy going there for a beer and something to eat, sitting by the ocean at sunset. To stay the night, no. The noice from the traffic is just to much, it's an absolut drawback.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windy Beach Resort   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:02 pm

I stayed at Beach Club for 2 weeks last September and was only disturbed once by noise, and that was a Saturday night when young locals revved their motorbikes and rode up and down, and up and down with noisy mufflers. The remainder of the time was ok. I was in the hut closest to the beach though. I agree noise can be a problem there which is why I mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: Strongly recommend Beach Club   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:36 am

Tony,

You should really give serious consideration to the Beach Club. I have stayed there and the noise didn't bother me much.

There are so many compensating factors like proximity, staff, pool etc.

Josi
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
Sponsored content

Windy Beach Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windy Beach Resort   Windy Beach Resort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windy Beach Resort
Page 1 of 1