Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

beach club

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tropicpom
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-31

beach club Empty
PostSubject: beach club   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 am

Hi. We are hoping to visit Lombok next year and plan to base ourselves in Senggigi and do various day trips. Can anyone tell me what the Beach Club is like? Cheers
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Photo album   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 am

Hi,

I had stayed at the Beach Club some time ago. For a similar query more than a year ago from an Aussie, I put together a Picasa photo album. Here is a link to that.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=NJHillary&target=ALBUM&id=5430459382526841537&authkey=Gv1sRgCOD37ZrcrZHQrgE&feat=email

They have more cottages now and have also become more popular.

Josi
Virginia, USA
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
tropicpom
Lombok Virgin

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Re: beach club   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks for that! It looks really good. Much appreciated.
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has been there or stayed there recently and could give me some info on their impressions? Cheers
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Re: beach club   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 pm

I stayed there at the end of last year for two weeks. I really like the Beach Club and recommend it to people wanting a small, friendly place to stay that also offers a few luxuries (hot water, pool, a/c).

It is well located right on the beach at the northern end of Batu Bolong. There are 4 individual bungalows which are very comfortable, they have a nice private semi-open bathroom, TV and DVD, air-conditioning, pin-code safe, & fridge, and the bed was very comfortable. Each has a nice verandah with a hammock, great for relaxing and reading a book. The one I stayed in was closest to the beach but screened by plants for privacy, yet I could still see the water.

The 4 bungalows are set around a private swimming pool. Right next to that is a bar/cafe, which is a hang-out for local expats. They do simple, good western food (burgers, fries, toasted sandwiches, grilled chicken, etc), and the beer is ice cold. Prices are very reasonable. The bar area has a pool table, and a large bale on the beach which has comfy cushions and another hammock. They also have a TV in the bar and put on various sport games (e.g. Aussie rules, or whatever the clientele want and that is on). The staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool area has little buzzers on the table so you can ring for a drink etc. The property also have their own generator, which is a bit unusual for a smaller place - Lombok has permanent rolling power cuts as their power consumption exceeds the amount they can generate (thanks to the increasing tourists), so having a generator is great, it means the least amount of inconvenience when the power goes out.

I had no problems at all with noise from the bar as it was all quiet by about 9 or 10 pm. The traffic noise however can be annoying. As the bungalows are made from bedak (woven matting) with thatched roof, they are not particularly sound proof. There is a nightclub nearby and the local boys leaving in the early hours love to rev their motorbikes excessively, and some also love to purposely put holes in their mufflers to make their bikes very loud. And the early morning passing traffic also can interrupt a sleep in. But other than that, the sound of the waves lapping on the beach made up for any negatives in regard to noise.

There are plenty of alternative places to eat within walking distance, in fact it is an easy walk over the hill into the main strip of Senggigi if you want to go out for some music etc. (maybe 15 min walk?). There are also plenty of passing taxis, and ojeks.

The room rate includes breakfast which is the typical 'banana pancake' or fruit type option with tea/coffee, or you can pay a bit more and have a cooked breakfast. I still don't get the whole banana pancake thing, but don't get me started on that... Suspect

There is also a backpackers in the original house, and if you are after a more budget option it looks like a pretty good deal. See their website for details and photos.

The only negative I have were the dogs hanging around the bar. Personally I don't like being pestered by dogs while I eat, and the dogs also sleep on some of the chairs which meant I couldn't sit on those chairs being quite allergic to dog hair. I also had to be quite firm in not allowing the dogs onto my room verandah. But if you don't have a problem with dogs sitting under your table while you eat, you will be fine. Keeping dogs there is no doubt a security measure, both for the bar area and the rooms.

Back to top Go down
tropicpom
Lombok Virgin

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Re: beach club   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow! Thanks soo much for that detailed reply...so helpful Smile The bungalows sound really good...just have to consider the noise factor.....do you have any other recommendations in that price range with the same level of comforts...i.e air-con, comfy bed etc. We really like Amed in Bali so I think Lombok will suit us well with plenty of opportunities to go on day trips to do snorkelling. I am just not sure we can wait until next year to go!!! Thanks so much again for your info Cheers
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Additional comments   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:54 pm

I will add these to Freogirl's:

During my stay I woke up early every morning to work on my laptop but needed some coffee before the kitchen opens at 7 a.m. No problem: I was able to make it at the bar. Nothing like having coffee watching the sun rise.

I don't mind the dogs and they were always around but will maintain their distance. They enjoyed lounging on the cane chairs all the time.

The noise level may have increased. In my case I tuned myself to the sea breeze and the small waves and screened out the rest except the early morning call to prayer from a nearby mosque.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. During my next visit a year later, I could not get reservations for an extended period because of early bookings. If you are serious about this as an option, it may be necessary to make reservation in advance.

Josi
Back to top Go down
tropicpom
Lombok Virgin

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Re: beach club   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks for that Josi. The dogs won't worry us. We love dogs. And I will make sure I book early if we decide on this accommodation. Where did you stay when you could not get into The Beach Club?
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Album: Apartments at Holiday Resort   beach club Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

beach club Empty
PostSubject: Re: beach club   beach club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beach club
Page 1 of 1