Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retirement in Lombok

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slim Hamel
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Retirement in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 am

Hi there,

I am Indonesian and live in Canada and my wife is a Canadian. We just talked about moving to Lombok because my family is Sasak (Lombok origin) and I miss them too much. My wife will be retired in a few years but, we don't know the regulation or information about retirement in Lombok.

Is there away to get this information, please and thanks,

Muslim
Back to top Go down
callum
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am

Hi Muslim,

If you look at Wikipedia that has a lot of information on Lombok,
And Lombok is certainly a beautiful place to retire to retire to.
If you are looking for property in Lombok i can help you with that through my company PT Lombok Solutions.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions.
lomboksolutions@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Renae
Lombok Friend
Renae

Number of posts : 45
Location : Central Coast NSW, Australia / Kuta (Rembitan Village), Lombok
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Slim Hamel,

As-Salamu Alaykum.

Welcome to Lombok Lovers,

You may find some information on the Canadian Embassy's website or you could contact them.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/indonesia-indonesie/index.aspx

You may also find some info from this other link.
http://www.expat.or.id/info/retirement.html

What part of Lombok are you from?

Renae

(please check your private messages)

Back to top Go down
http://www.visitlombok.webs.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Muslim, it will also depend on whether you gave up your Indonesian nationality to take Canadian citizenship or not. If you are still an Indo citizen, then it is easier for you to live in Indonesia. Recent changes to immigration laws (some of which are not passed but will be soon) will also make it easier for your wife to ikut suami and get permanent residency in Indonesia. If you are no longer an Indo citizen, then both of you will need to come in on perhaps a retirement visa. There is a lot of information online about the requirements for that.
The other part is where you will live and access to good medical facilities as you age. land is fast becoming very expensive in Lombok, particularly anywhere near a tourist area or in Mataram. And so it the cost of building. Medical facilities are still not great.
Back to top Go down
Slim Hamel
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 am

Hi,

@Freogirl__I am still an Indonesian citizen which is I will make it easier for me, but for my wife. I have already visited my family in Babakan Barat, close to Cakranegara since I'm still living in Canada and I know that many people sold their lands for planning to go to Mecca for hajj and that make the price of the land in market are so high, I think. My family lives close to where the new RSU (Rumah Sakit Umum) Mataram will be located at. Thanks for your info.

@Renae__I am from Babakan Barat, close to Cakranegara and my familly all there. Thanks for the info. I have checked the website:expat.or.id for retirement already and I didn't get info about retirement in Lombok because all the provinces have different regulations on the retirement. Thanks again.

@Callum__I went check that wikipedia and yes, lots of info and Lombok is yes beautiful beacuse my family are all there waiting for me to come back. Thanks callum.

By the way, yes I'm a new member to this website and yes it's helpful like you guys. Thanks to all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm not exactly sure what it is that you need to know about retirement in Lombok. What sort of information are you after? You are Indonesian, so I can't figure out what your concern is. If it is to do with your wife, the 'regulations' in Lombok are the same as the remainder of Indonesia when it comes to her visa. Perhaps you could be more specific about what you are trying to find out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retirement in Lombok   Retirement in Lombok Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retirement in Lombok
Page 1 of 1