Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fortune telling Kuta Beaches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eric
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-12

fortune telling Kuta Beaches Empty
PostSubject: fortune telling Kuta Beaches   fortune telling Kuta Beaches Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 am

Hi my name is Eric. I'm american in my late 30's and have been living in France teaching at the university for about 10 years. I have traveled a lot, and fell in love with Kuta while I was recently there. Since it seems that the area is going to explode, I am thinking of buying some beach front land (My 2 big choices are Mawun or Aan beach) Id like to start planting some nice trees (for future shade), and in about 10 years, move here to start an eco-lodge/cafe. A really perfect guesthouse...) I do have some ideas as well as organizing some quality english training for the locals and expat families, as well as some 'equal trade' arts market. I've seen a few plots for sale, but does anybody know of any rumours about development on either of those beaches?I know 10 years is a really long time, but I'm interested in your opinions!! Right now both beaches are deserted, and getting water might be a problem. But both are 'just far enough' away from the 'hustle and bustle' of Kuta 2021.
Back to top Go down
Mimpi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: fortune telling Kuta Beaches   fortune telling Kuta Beaches Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:05 am

I would be very careful buying land at either of those locations. Most land around Tanjung Aan is owned by LTDC and you will see in another recent post that land in Mawun is owned by some Chinese and Made tells me that there are problems with that land too. We recently had a guest interested in some land close to Tanjung Aan but on checking in the land office most of that plot was owned by LTDC. Before you make any deposits be sure to check any plot in the land office.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: fortune telling Kuta Beaches   fortune telling Kuta Beaches Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Land in both locations is well known to be sold and resold to countless hopefuls. I think you will find that if you look into it, just about every nice bay in Lombok was given to Suharto's family and generals a long time ago, and most of them are not willing to part with it. Large areas of Tanjung Aan are already tied up with LTDC as Mimpi said, and even they are having trouble freeing it up properly as the land was 'acquired' by the Suharto family and 'never paid for'.

If you want beachfront land, really the only land left is a very, very long way from any type of tourist development, and even then it is mostly gone to investors years ago. Otherwise you will probably need to purchase land from an investor. I strongly recommend you go through a reputable real estate agent and use a good solicitor/lawyer for all transactions.
Back to top Go down
eric
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: fortune telling Kuta Beaches   fortune telling Kuta Beaches Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Ahh too bad! I guess Ill have to by from a developer then! Thanks alot for the info about those 2 bays!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fortune telling Kuta Beaches   fortune telling Kuta Beaches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fortune telling Kuta Beaches
Page 1 of 1