Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beach Warungs in Kuta to be gone by July 20th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mimpi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Beach Warungs in Kuta to be gone by July 20th Empty
PostSubject: Beach Warungs in Kuta to be gone by July 20th   Beach Warungs in Kuta to be gone by July 20th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:28 pm

At a recent meeting in Kuta it was announced that all businesses had to have their building permits and business licenses by July 20th or they will be shut down.

For the shops and warungs on the beach this means they are all due to be demolished if they do not move themselves. I understand a new plot has been made available for them to relocate to.Though it may seem sad for some, the warung owners knew when they set up there that they were on borrowed time as they do not own the land and for tourists it means the beach will be much cleaner and the beach views will be restored to the legit beach front hotels.

Made neglected to mention this to me until today when I suggested he recommend Full Moon Cafe to guests as they ave built a raised area with nice views and nice set up... so I will have to make the most of the short time left and get down there as much as I can.

Back to top Go down

Beach Warungs in Kuta to be gone by July 20th
Page 1 of 1