Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living in Lombok

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Renae
Lombok Friend
Renae

Number of posts : 45
Location : Central Coast NSW, Australia / Kuta (Rembitan Village), Lombok
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Living in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Living in Lombok   Living in Lombok Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm after some info on living in lombok. Living expenses $$
Schooling for children? (does Lombok have a school for western kids?)
Visa type? (My husband is from Kuta Lombok)
Any/All information would be great. Question
Does anyone know how many expats live in Lombok?

Thanks Renae
Idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.visitlombok.webs.com
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Living in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living in Lombok   Living in Lombok Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi Renae and welcome to Lombok Lovers!

Are you planning on moving to Kuta? That is where we are based, though I spend quite a bit of time in Bali these days. Who is your husband? Im guessing I might know him. Its a small place as you probably know.

Its hard for me to give living expenses as because of our business our Electricity and Water costs are quite high.

It also depends a lot on how simply or not you want to live. Whether you have to factor in costs to contract a house or whether you already have a property to live in.

For your Visa it also depends on whether you will have any plans or reason to leave Indonesia in the short term. If the answer is yes you may be better on a social budaya if the answer is no then you can get a KITAS (ikut suami)

There is an international school near Senggigi. I dont know anything about it. Freogirl does I think but she is offline for the next few weeks (In Lombok)

If you let us know a bit more, maybe we can give you more of an idea.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Living in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living in Lombok   Living in Lombok Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Renae
The school is Nusa Alam International School, located in Monjok (about half way between Senggigi and Mataram) - the link is here:
Nusa Alam School Link

I haven't lived in Lombok for 3 years, and as Gemma said, the cost of living will depend greatly on your lifestyle, and whether you have accommodation or are contracting. I'm planning to move back to Lombok and am thinking in the range of Rp 8 million per month. I don't have kids, I don't smoke, rarely drink, and I will not run a car. It may need to be more than that if I have to pay more than 25 juta to contract a house. My husband (from Mataram) has his own source of income, so I am not supporting him or his family out of that either.

I'm not sure how many expats live in Lombok now - it seems to be growing, but no where as many as in Bali.

Let us know about your plans Smile

Freo
Back to top Go down
tjabemerah
Lombok Lover
tjabemerah

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Living in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Costs   Living in Lombok Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 am

At the nusa alam school i pay 20 million rupiahs a year for my 5 year old child and for the 3 year old at Alethia school in Mataram {play group} i must pay almost 5 million rupiahs a year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotel-lombok.nl
Sponsored content

Living in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living in Lombok   Living in Lombok Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living in Lombok
Page 1 of 1