Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

getting to Lombok from Bali

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bali my dream home
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-15

getting to Lombok from Bali Empty
PostSubject: getting to Lombok from Bali   getting to Lombok from Bali Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:15 am

Could you please tell me the best/cheapest way to get to Lombok from Bali please?
Ferry or Air?
Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
lolo
Lombok Lover
lolo

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: getting to Lombok from Bali   getting to Lombok from Bali Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:15 am

Well, ferry is cheaper. Many small travel agencies sell prepaid tickets in Bali, included transfert from Kuta (for example) to Padangbai by bus (2 hours), then the ferry from Padangbai to Lembar (5 hours), then from Lembar to Mataram (1 hour). I don't remember exactly the price, something like 150/200.000 Rupiah per person (all transferts included)
Airplane is twice this price but you have only 30 minutes flight and you start from Denpasar and arrive direct in Mataram. So airplane is much better. Sometimes I use ferry if airplane is full or if I want to keep my motorcycle with me !

There is also a speedboat connection between Denpasar and Gili Trawangan (2 hours, price rather same than airplane) www.gilicat.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.lombok.fr
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: getting to Lombok from Bali   getting to Lombok from Bali Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:55 am

best/cheapest....

Well the best in my opinion is definitely flying.

The cheapest is the ferry 4/5 hours is the published journey time (ferry only) but it can take a lot longer than that as you have to wait outside the harbour for your turn to dock. Between us Made & I have been back and forth a lot over the last year and I would say the average journey time is more like 6 hours. Add to that you may board up to an hour before you leave.... it can be a long and boring journey.

It really all comes down to whether you want to save time or money???
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting to Lombok from Bali   getting to Lombok from Bali Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting to Lombok from Bali
Page 1 of 1