Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Carolyn
Lombok Virgin
Carolyn

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Empty
PostSubject: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi guys,

Is it possible to arrive at the domestic airport and get on a flight the same day with Merpati or Garuda, or is it necessary to book in advance?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
tjabemerah
Lombok Lover
tjabemerah

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Tickets   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:33 pm

If they have a seat for you it,s no problem.But if you want to be sure that you have a seat you must book in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotel-lombok.nl
Carolyn
Lombok Virgin
Carolyn

PostSubject: Re: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks tjabemerah.
I guess what I'm trying to find out is, how likely is it that we could get on? How regularly do these flights fill up completely?
Any ideas?
Question
Back to top Go down
tjabemerah
Lombok Lover
tjabemerah

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: bali-lombok   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Mostly the flights between Bali - Lombok have a high occupancy.But you can try it.If you have some luck you're on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotel-lombok.nl
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Even if full you can try going standby. I have often done this and all but once have got on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 pm

I do this at least once a year, and many years I've done it several times a year. I try to get a flight that arrives in Bali in the morning to give me more options. I have only once not been able to get a flight, but that was before the Garuda evening flight started. From my experience, I think your chances are pretty good if you get there in the morning.
Back to top Go down
clarey
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: what about 3 days in advance   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Sorry for jumping on your post but I was going to post this question.
We arrive in Bali on the 29th August , should I go straight to domestic from international and book flights for the 2nd september for 4 people.. I think around this time might be the Idu F something Muslim holidays ? Was wondering it might be really busy and hard to get flights over. Have looked at the merpati website and think I could probably book over the net but not sure how reliable it would be ?
Also I think I worked the price out to be aroumd $80 AUS return would I be correct on this.
Thanks for any info anyone can give me.
Back to top Go down
Carolyn
Lombok Virgin
Carolyn

PostSubject: Re: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks Gemma & Freo. We arrive into Bali at 1:15pm so didn't really want to wait until Garuda's night flight to head over to Lombok. Think we'll just take the risk and try and get on the first available.

Clarey, I found that you can't book direct with Merpati on their website unless you have an Indonesian credit card. $80US return per person sounds about right though.

Cheers
Carolyn
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Clarey,

During the fasting month of Ramadan all transport is very busy. Flights are fairly busy between Bali and Lombok, right through the month but especially in the last 10 days of Ramadan. The reason is that Indonesians return home for the ceremonies and then to celebrate after. It is similar to Christmas in Christian countries where Christmas is a family event, except that it goes for a whole month. Muslims fast betweeen 1 hour before sunrise to sunset - by fasting it means no food, water, smoking, sex, agro, or bad thoughts.

Anyway, expect flights to be busy but not impossible to get. Airlines put on extra flights to cope. Prices might be a little higher if demand is high.

Ramadan this year is Aug 11 to Sept 10. Followed by Idul Fitri (or Lebaran) the effects of which goes for another 7/10 days after.

Freo
Back to top Go down
clarey
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Thankyou all   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks for all the info, especially on Ramadan was or still are going to research all the info on Ramadan.
Will see if I can pre book flights before I go ---- more research.
Will be back with more questions
Thanks once again
Clare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel   Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Booking flights Bali to Lombok on day of travel
Page 1 of 1