Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malaria on Lombok

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fish
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Malaria on Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Malaria on Lombok   Malaria on Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:24 am

Hi,

We are currently thinking about moving to Lombok together with my husband. One of the big issues now is malaria: Unfortunately I already have some chronical illnesses and am not sure what malaria would add to them. Could you please tell me what are the chances to get malaria when living on Lombok (Senggigi, Mataram) for about 2-3 years? Did you all have it and how often are severe forms? What is the treatment like? I would be really greatful for some answers and tips.

Many thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Malaria on Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malaria on Lombok   Malaria on Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 am

My husband has had malaria twice, I have never had it, I have had Dengue though.

A friend of mine had it but because she suspected (her husband was just getting over it) so and went for a blood test at the first symptoms - she was treated immediately and it didnt develop to be as bad as her husband's case.

I wouldn't like to comment on what the risks are. There is malaria and Dengue plenty of people get it but plenty also don't. I would speak to a doctor about how it might complicate your existing health problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com

Malaria on Lombok
Page 1 of 1