Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ashtari cafe kuta lombok

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jkm
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Empty
PostSubject: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 pm

intreagued by the mention of ashtari cafe and the good view of kuta.

i am hoping to hire a driver for a day to go from sengiggi down to Kuta & Mawun bay.

is Ashtari easy to find from Kuta? can anyone offer any directions or advice on how to find it? is it well known to segiggi drivers?
i will have a large car like a Kijang, will that struggl to get up the road? is there parking and somwhere for my driver to shelter nearby?

if anyone has any recomendations on some sights to see on the way down, please tell me.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Anyone in Kuta will know where Ashtari is. It is on the road to Mawun so you will pass it enroute. The hill is a bit steep but in a car you wont have any trouble. Some tourists do come off motorbikes on the hill as there is a tight bend as it gets steep. There is parking in front if the gate is open or on the road if not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:18 pm

and may I add, definately worth the trip from Senggigi to Mawum, and to stop in at Ashtari.
As Gemma said, everyone knows it. For your information, it is on the left, at the top of a very steep hill that you climb between Kuta and Mawun.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:29 pm

it's a wonderful place, perhaps my fave place t eat in Lombok.

just for the record we really struggled to get past Astari back in late March. Horribly rutted and almost gave up. Burnt the clutch pretty bad. I was in a Kijang style car, no 4WD.

But you can't miss Mawun.
Back to top Go down
tom
Lombok Lover

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:54 pm

They have been closed for a few days. On holiday don't know when they will be back.Gemma, i stopped in but Made was fishing. I assume I spoke to his brother. Said you wont be around for a couple more months?
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:43 pm

That would have been Ipor who works for us. I am due to be back next month. Need to get the house here contracted first though. An advert in the Bali Advertiser got me some enquiries and no shows Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_rolleyes so today I have printed up some signs to get laminated and put up in the area hopefully have more joy with those.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashtari cafe kuta lombok   Ashtari cafe kuta lombok Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashtari cafe kuta lombok
Page 1 of 1