Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First visit to Lombok in June

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobby
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-25

First visit to Lombok in June Empty
PostSubject: First visit to Lombok in June   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:01 pm

My first post but have been reading for a while. My wife, two teen daughters and I are going to Gilli T for 4 nights then Sengiggi for 3 nights. I don't see Puri Bunga Beach Bungalows being recommended as a place to stay in Sengiggi on the forum. Can anyone advise what they may be like? We're not looking for up market lodgings but like the place to be comfortable and clean.

We would also like to hire a driver for a day (or maybe 2) while we are in Sengiggi. We certainly want to see as much of Lombok as is practical in the short time we have but the girls aren't great fans of driving around "taking in the sights". Can anyone recommend a good driver who can speak English well?

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: First visit to Lombok in June   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm

I haven't stayed there or checked out the rooms. This hotel (I think) was closed for quite a while and re-opened maybe last year? It is build up the side of a very steep hill so you will certainly get your excercise walking up lots of steps if you stay there.
Back to top Go down
hfraast
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Puri Binga......   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Hello,
I've stayed at Puri Bunga a couple of years ago. The rooms (double bungalows) are OK, typical Hindu style, a lot of wood-carving.
Air Conditioning and refridgerators in every room. Small pool.
It was closed for quite a while, but reopened 2 years ago. It is very steep but you get a very nice view from the top
bungalows. Only three minutes walk from The art marked and the beach. (Going down, ten minutes return)

hfraast

Last edited by hfraast on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: First visit to Lombok in June   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:49 pm

The room rates seem pretty high for the look of the rooms in the photos. Perhaps book 1 night then look around or extend if you are happy?
Back to top Go down
Nobby
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Thanks for the feedback   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks for the assistance.

I looked at Puri Saron's website today. Any views on that place?

Any other recomendations in the area? We're happy to all go into the one room, which Puri Saron will allow, but some hotels are likely to make us have the two rooms. I guess we are looking to pay around $60 to $100 all up.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: First visit to Lombok in June   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 pm

I never stay in central Senggigi, preferring either Mangsit or Batu Bolong. Mangsit is 3km north and is where the Holiday Resort, Qunci, Puri Mas etc are. Batu Bolong is just south of the main strip and walkable if you don't mind the hill. Personally I don't find Senggigi itself all that charming, I just go there in the evenings for a meal and entertainment.

Have you looked at the family apartments at Holiday Resort? That property is in Mangsit on a very nice bit of beach, has a nice pool area, and family apartments with 2 separate bedrooms, which would be within your budget. It has a great view looking across to Bali with sun set behind Agung. Lovely to sit and have a drink at sunset and nibble some nuts, Nobby. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First visit to Lombok in June   First visit to Lombok in June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First visit to Lombok in June
Page 1 of 1