Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bemos in Bali and Lombok

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
binalovina
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Bemos in Bali and Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Bemos in Bali and Lombok   Bemos in Bali and Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Many years ago my children I used Bemos everywhere in Bali

Can someone please tell me how much I should pay for a fare? I don't remember what it was and I know they may want to charge tourist price or some other price

which I want to try to avoid. Not because I'm cheap but simply I'm catching a bemo so therefore I should pay as much as the next person. I'm not sure if I wil

manage to take a ride this trip, but just incase I want to. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Bemos in Bali and Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bemos in Bali and Lombok   Bemos in Bali and Lombok Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Just like bus fare anywhere else in the world, the price really depends on where you are travelling from/to. The price of fuel has dramatically risen in Indonesia in the last few years as the government used to subsidise it so that the price didn't change, and in the end it was sending the country bankrupt. So the price of everything, including transport, has risen. But it is still very reasonable.

The best idea is to check with your hotel or a local vendor you become friendly with as to what a fair price is. Even then, there is tourist price and local price. It is just the way it is. In Bali, you will find in the busy tourist areas that bemos are not as easy to find. Mostly you will be offered chartered transport. Once out of the busy areas, there are bemos / public buses, but you need to go to the terminals. In Lombok, you will see bemos everywhere full of produce and people.
Back to top Go down

Bemos in Bali and Lombok
Page 1 of 1