Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tornado in Mataram.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Tornado in Mataram. Empty
PostSubject: Tornado in Mataram.   Tornado in Mataram. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Tornado

January 11, 2009
News / National / Article
Tornado Blasts Houses in Mataram; Winds Buffet Lombok
Strong winds and heavy rain buffeted Lombok Island over the weekend, while a tornado tore the roofs from dozens of houses in Mataram, the capital of West Nusa Tenggara Province, on Saturday.

Suhairiyah, 34, said that when the whirlwind struck she was in her house with her children. “Suddenly there were thundering sounds and the metal roofs were lifted up and part of my house fell down. With no roof, the heavy rain inundated my house.”

The tornado also battered a mosque in Monjok subdistrict, Selaparang district, in Mataram.

“Zinc roofing, boards and two of the mosque’s speakers flew off. We only found one of them,” said Anam, another Monjok resident.

“I hope we are given assistance from the government to help us repair our houses so that we won’t have to stay in our neighbors’ houses,” Anam said.

The Meteorology and Geophysics Agency station at Selaparang Airport said that the bad weather would continue. “Current wind speeds have reached 35 kilometers per hour and the ocean swells are up to 2.5 meters in height,” said Ana Oktaviana, a weather forecaster at the station.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Tornado in Mataram.   Tornado in Mataram. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:20 pm

My family house in Monjok Culik is ok, but the tornado hit the next door house and they lost their roof.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Tornado in Mataram.   Tornado in Mataram. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Glad to hear that your house is OK Freo.

I wonder if the neighbour's house is the one mentioned in the report?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Tornado in Mataram.   Tornado in Mataram. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Suci sent us a txt and said there are quite a few houses damaged. Also the mosque in their village is the one in the report that lost the roof, speakers and has some structural damage. No-one hurt that I know of so that's the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tornado in Mataram.   Tornado in Mataram. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tornado in Mataram.
Page 1 of 1