Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Perth-Lombok direct flight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DB
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Perth-Lombok direct flight Empty
PostSubject: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:54 am

© Jakarta Post

Sat, 10/11/2008 11:24 AM | The Archipelago

MATARAM, W. Nusa Tenggara: Tourists from Australia visiting Lombok, in West Nusa Tenggara, will soon be able to fly directly from Perth on OZJet 737-300, an executive said Friday.

The flight, with a 100 passenger capacity, will operate weekly and comes as part of a AUS$799 holiday package, which includes seven days' accommodation.

The route, set to open next December, was officially announced by Indojet Asia in Australia yesterday.

"As of now, at least 270 people have enquired about the new route. Nine of them have already booked. I am sure that at least 30 percent of the available seats will be sold out," Indojet Asia's managing director Pathmanathan Johnson said.

Flying time between Perth and Selaparang airports will be 3.5 hours.

Johnson added that his office had coordinated with West Nusa Tenggara members of the Association of Indonesian Tourism and Travel Agencies (ASITA) as well as Lombok-Sumbawa's Promotion Agency to arrange the service.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/wybe
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Great News. We had heard this a while back but the fact it is still being reported and with more information shows it does infact seem to be happening. Thanks DB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 am

It is indeed good news for me Very Happy The earlier reports were a 'proposed' service dependent on the Lombok government kicking in some funds to subsidise the airline in the start up phase - now the Indonesian newspapers are reporting it is a go ahead. However there is no mention of it on the Indojet website. I've sent them an enquiry to get more information.
Back to top Go down
bundyrum
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: pert to lombok   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:19 am

Y would u bother at $799..... u can fly perth to Bali for under $100..and then over to Lombok for $40...
Mayb they all rich hahah..bundyrum..
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Well, not quite bundy. The standard return Perth-Bali-Perth on Garuda, Jetstar, Virgin, Indojet are all around $700 - $900 with 15kg luggage.

The flights from Perth to Bali for less than $100 were a special promotion for Air Asia and there were only a few seats that went in a couple of hours.

The direct flight to Lombok has not eventuated. I assume once again delayed due to circumstances - this time the financial crisis.

That being said, there are some very cheap flights been sold in the last week. I was lucky enough to get return flights for $315 each Perth-Bali-Perth - and that is a third of what I paid at the same time last year. The $315 seats have also all been sold out within a few hours.
Back to top Go down
bundyrum
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: cheap flights   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:01 am

Not quite right Freo...I could have booked with Jetstar Pert to Bali for $77..
Yes they r Promo but easy to get jus goota get all airline mail to yer email box. and check everyday.Deadlines r important.
It doesnt worry me cus I live on the east coast Australia...I fly Air Asia Gold Coast
to Malaysia then over to Bali....Its a lot cheaper..it was $78 to get to Kl..
Ive been talking to managment and trying to get Air asia to fly G/C to Bali.
Doing the G/C-KL-BALI again on the 28th
Goin to Lombok to check on my coconut platation 31st to 4th June.
Will see Aluh's parents and sister as she just got Married in Kopang. Take care all...bundyrum..
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Yep, I get those same emails Bundy. I subscribe to all of the Perth SE Asia flights. I didn't get one about $77 seats from Perth on Jetstar, only Air Asia. Jetstar jumped on the bandwagon the day after the AA release with some $300ish seats - about a hundred seats I reckon as they also were all gone in a flash (I looked out of curiosity but had already got my seats the day before).

I can tell you that the AA $77 flights went in about 30 minutes from email release, there were not that many seats ex Perth. But I still got very cheap, $315 return seats (including extra luggage and seat choice), so it's all good.

Your initial comment that you can fly Perth Bali return for $100 could be a bit misleading to anyone not familiar with the flight situation, which is why I posted a reply. Even $799 is not a bad price compared to recent years.

Freo
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Help from Bundy for Lombok to Australia travel   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:58 pm

I am really tempted by Bundy's comments that I can travel to Australia on a low budget.

bounce

Are these tickets available only through internet? Are these available only in Australia?

Josi
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi Josi, the really cheap fares are internet bookings. You need to subscribe to email notification from the various airlines so you know about the deals as soon as they are released, and then be very quick getting on line and grabbing seats. Often with very good deals, you will search and find seats, start the booking process, and while you are entering your name, passport, and credit card details, the seats are sold to someone else. But if you are fast it is well worth it.

Check out Air Asia and Tiger Airways for very cheap flights to Australia from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore, as well as Bali. Other destinations too - I recently saw Lankauwi in Malaysia for $14. cheers You generally have to add taxes to the advertised price, but don't ask me how much they are because they change all the time! (anywhere from $77 to $300) - the recent AA deal for $77 was 'free' seats and you pay the tax, which was $77.

And anyone can book - the tickets are sold one way - no cheaper to book return. If you are looking at prices one way going TO Australia, prices are usually quoted in USD.

Freo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perth-Lombok direct flight   Perth-Lombok direct flight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perth-Lombok direct flight
Page 1 of 1