Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Flight changes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FunTrecker
Lombok Soulmate
FunTrecker

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Help Flight changes Empty
PostSubject: Help Flight changes   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:58 pm

We have just got the hotel to confirm our outward flights to Lombok this coming Saturday and we've gone from a noon flight to 1500 is this normal? Not very good for us.............what can I do??? Anything?? Noon flight from Bali was perfect. Check out of hotel and leisurely drive to airport and then get on plane!

Transnusa is the airline!
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Help Flight changes   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Unfortunately, I have to say, welcome to Indonesian domestic air travel. I had the same thing last week when merpati cancelled my booked and paid for 1pm flight and moved me to a 10am flight. Problem for me was I was arriving in Bali at 8:30 (if on time) and that gave me 1 hour to get through immigration, baggage & customs and get to domestic checkin by 9:30. Not the relaxed transit I planned.

You could try for an earlier flight, or see if someone has a midday flight - but no guarantee that won't be cancelled.

Btw Merpati cancelled 2 flight on my husband and he ended up spending all day at the airport. I havenow officially sworn never ever merpati again.
Back to top Go down
FunTrecker
Lombok Soulmate
FunTrecker

PostSubject: Excuse my ignorance but   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Is merpati the same as transnusa
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Clarifications   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:50 am

Shonagh,

No.

Merpati and Transnusa are two different airlines.

This is the schedule I found on the website of Transnusa:
Route From Denpasar To Mataram

Schedule
DOS (Day Of Service) ETD ETA FLIGHT NO AIRCRAFT VIA CONNECTING
Selasa/Tuesday 08:00 08:30 I8 732 Fokker 50 Direct
Selasa/Tuesday 12:00 12:30 RIU 928 Fokker 50 Direct
Selasa/Tuesday 17:00 17:30 I8 736 Fokker 50 Direct

Route From Mataram To Denpasar Schedule
DOS (Day Of Service) ETD ETA FLIGHT NO AIRCRAFT VIA CONNECTING
Selasa/Tuesday 07:00 07:30 I8 731 Fokker 50 Direct
Selasa/Tuesday 11:30 12:00 I8 734 Fokker 50 Direct
Selasa/Tuesday 15:30 16:00 RIU 929 Fokker 50 Direct

Even though the flight time is very brief, it is better you allow enough lead time to make the flight. I wold strongly recommend you allow one day for the travel from Bali to Lombok and try the first available flight. In the event it is cancelled, you have a chance to make the next one.

By now I hope you have already shifted your mental gears and always remember what Freogirl has been saying:

[b][size=24][color=red]I am now in Indonesia Que sera que sera

Josi
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Help Flight changes   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:03 pm

A lot of Flights are being cancelled in the past few weeks due to bad weather, namely torrential rain. It has rained all but one day of the 2 weeks I've been here. I spoke to a guy on my flight who tried to come on Transnusa the previous day. The plane tried twice to fly to Lombok and couldn't land due to heavy rain and turned back waited in Bali a few hours and tried again with same problem. In the end they cancelled his ticket and refunded his fare having transported him to Lombok twice but no landing. Perhaps transnusa are being wary of the continuing rainy weather.
Last Friday Senggigi was flooded, no traffic could get through for hours which was a massive traffic jam as it was the busiest public holiday of the year being Lebaran Ketupat.

Still, despite the rain, it isnot hot and humid like the wet season and still very enjoyable. It is not windy which makes water actvities a good choice.

I suspect noone is flying in the current noon weather
my recommendation is to get an early flight (it's not raining in the morning) or an evening flight with Garuda
Back to top Go down
FunTrecker
Lombok Soulmate
FunTrecker

PostSubject: Thanks for the advice BUT   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm

We've already paid for our tickets through the travel agent in Perth so what now????
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Tough choices   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Shonagh,

The only jet flight is by Garuda in the evenings. I believe they maintain their schedule. Their rate is also higher.

I know you have three tickets already paid for. Can your Perth agent allow you to salvage at least some of the money?

If that is possible, I would strongly recommend you go to the nearest Garuda office and buy the tickets. You will be able to take bigger suitcases also with you. The excess baggage charges are reasonable from western standards. You can also kind of negotiate with the agent who checks in your baggage e.g. if the excess baggage is 20 KG, ask them for a break so that they charge you for 15 KG only.

Hang in there. Once you reach Lombok, you can relax.

Josi

Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Help Flight changes   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:08 am

That could explain the cancelation we had recently due to the bad weather in Lombok.... though its not be that bad down in Kuta!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Help Flight changes   Help Flight changes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:59 am

Funtrecker you have been moved to a 3 pm flight you have to be at airport by 2pm. Allow 30 mins for transfer assuming you are near Kuta then you leave the hotel at 13:30. perpaps ask your hotel for a late checkout?
As I've explained there probably are no noon flights at the moment.

Best to just relax about it. There really is no point trying to have everything organised to a tee in Indonesia as you will just get frustrated when things don't go as planned. Keep ALL plans loose and you will have a better holiday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Flight changes   Help Flight changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Flight changes
Page 1 of 1