Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four days to make the most of Lombok

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bonviveur60
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Four days to make the most of Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Four days to make the most of Lombok   Four days to make the most of Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi, and thank you Gemma for provising such a gem of a site. I am due to make my first visit to Western Indonesia from 12th September and am hoping to get to Lombok for four (all too short I know) days.
What I would like to know is where should I go and where to stay to make the most of my time
I guess a trip up to Gili Islands is a must but would it be feasible to base at Mimpimanis (if you have the availability) and hire a car and driver to do this and the other trips? - all ideas welcome as I am really looking forward to this taster - with a view to coming back for much longer if it is as good as everyone is telling me

Many thanks

Bon Viveur
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Four days to make the most of Lombok   Four days to make the most of Lombok Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Hi Bon Viveur

Much as we would love to have you as a guest at Mimpi Manis, if you want to see as much of the island as possible in your short time basing yourself in Kuta is not the best idea as it is about as far from anything as you can get.

I would suggest basing yourself in Senggigi, with a day trip to Sanur, one to Gilis and one down to Kuta adn the craft villages & sasak villages.You can explore Senggigi in the time between. Laughing

Have a great trip and dont forget to come back and tell us all about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
DB
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Four days to make the most of Lombok   Four days to make the most of Lombok Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:21 am

Gemma wrote:
Kuta is not the best idea as it is about as far from anything as you can get
Kuta too far from anything? Hired a car (no chopper! tongue) whilst in Kuta and did some wonderful exploring all over Lombok very day, eg. Senggigi, Sasak villages, Mataram, Rinjani & Tiu Kelep Waterfall, one day fishing off the coast of Gili Meno etc. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/wybe
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Four days to make the most of Lombok   Four days to make the most of Lombok Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:04 am

Its is doable DB but being further away it adds that much more time to your time in a car each day. On the other hand driving around and seeing the passing scenery can be enjoyable in itself. And come on admit it you hired a helicopter tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
bonviveur60
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Four days to make the most of Lombok   Four days to make the most of Lombok Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:33 am

Thank you Gemma and DB for your differing suggestions - I am hopeful that I can work out a way of sqeezing maybe an extra day and doing a couple of days based Senniggi a couple in Mimpi manis unwinding and a couple up at Gilis (yes I know thats six - it's the effect of the island, and I 've not even arrived yet!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four days to make the most of Lombok   Four days to make the most of Lombok Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four days to make the most of Lombok
Page 1 of 1