Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Empty
PostSubject: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 am

Is there wireless internet in Kuta Beach? If so, where?
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:44 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry for laughing!

No wireless in Kuta. Most places have a 28kbps ( I thnk its "kbps" not ver good on the terms - connection) It is painfully slow and expensive at Rp500 per minute.

The best connection it at Novotel who charge Rp1000 per minute. They call their connection Broadband but it's not broadband as we know it. Worth the extra though as you can get more than double done in the time, compared to the other places. Novotel only have a couple of computers but you can connect to their ISp with your laptop (one user at a time) using the spare phone line.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 am

Yes, parts of Lombok are definately the edge of the world when it comes to Internet. Beyond that there be dragons.
Back to top Go down
wanderlust
Lombok Virgin

Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: OK, OK   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Any wireless Internet in Mataram or Sengiggi?
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 am

Possibly. The last time I looked into this approx 18 months ago XL had an offering within a 1km radius of their Mataram building but it was new and there were no wifi spots in hotels restaurants etc at that time. I think Freo has looked into ISPs more recently so may be able to give you a better idea.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes there is - both in Mataram and parts of Senggigi. Wireless has challenges with the terrain in Lombok. See Telkom for buying hotspot time which you can use in a few places if you are on the move. There are several internet wireless providers now - couldn't find anyone who speaks English though (even though they advertise they do) so unless you have good Indonesian getting issue sorted could be a problem.
The most popular fast internet is the phone line service Telkom Speedy, if you are living somewhere with a phone line that is in reasonably good condition and not disrupted too much by being slung through the coconut trees and whatnot, then it is pretty good I'm told by people that subscribe to it.
Back to top Go down
elombokdotnet
Lombok Virgin

Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: hotspot and wifi internet at peternakan street mataram   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:27 pm

wanderlust wrote:
Any wireless Internet in Mataram or Sengiggi?
I had my RTRW net (wireless internet) at jalan peternakan #1, Mataram, you can contact me to subscribe the hotspot internet or wireless internet at info@elombok.net please follow this link to see my access point tower
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Seems high speed net is on the way to Lombok.

Check out the story on the Lombok News branch.

Indonesian Islands to be Linked by Submarine Cable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach   Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wireless Internet in Kuta Beach
Page 1 of 1