Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Northumberland Lady
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-30

New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions! Empty
PostSubject: New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions!   New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for the great forum!
About 12 years ago my husband and I went to Bali, always fancied going back and after much travel elsewhere we've now decided to book a holiday to Lombok - although we really know absolutely nothing about it!

We are planning to spend a few days in Singapore first - we love Singapore but haven't been for some years and promised to take our daughter there, so we needed to book flights from Singapore. Problem is Silk Air only fly 3 times a week and the days don't fit in with our schedule - so we are looking at Lion Air via Jakarta - does anyone know much about Lion Air - how reliable they are, baggage allowance etc? I've tried to look online with Lion Air but there is no option to do the trip I want - namely - outward - SIN - CGK - AMI but return only AMI - CGK - as our international flights can now go from CGK - any suggestions?

Second question - our daughter loves to snorkel - the Gillis look like the place to do this - is it possible to visit any of the Gilli islands in just a day if we are based on Lombok?

Are there any other - even smaller islands - our daughter wants to be Robinson Crusoe for a day!

Finally - I read that the volcano on the island is very active - should this concern me?

Sorry for all the questions - any information about Lombok in general would also be very much appreciated too! Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
mimpikami
Lombok Lover
mimpikami

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: visiting Lombok   New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 am

Garuda Indonesia fly daily from Singapore to Lombok via Bali, also daily Lombok to CGK (Jakarta) via Bali. If you book early its possible to get a big discount.
Going to one of the Gili Islands ( Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno or Gili Air) for a daytrip is no problem especially if you'r based in the Senggigi area. It's possible to charter a boat or travel with Dream Divers, wich is very convinient. Gili Nanggu is a small island at southwest Lombok, this could possibly be a place for your daughter to enjoy. Gili Gede is another island not far from Gili Nanggu that could be worth a visit.
There are many beautiful beaches down south, close to Kuta Lombok.

Back to top Go down
mimpikami
Lombok Lover
mimpikami

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: visiting Lombok   New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:30 am

Forgot to mention that there is an Online tourist guide, www.thelombokguide. Great for info and ideas on what to do.
Back to top Go down
Northumberland Lady
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions!   New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks for that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions!   New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to forum, New to Lombok, lots of questions!
Page 1 of 1