Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the Forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MattieMoo
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-14

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the Forum   New to the Forum Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi Lombok Lovers (is it cool to abbreviate to LL?)

Found your forum the other day, and it's great. I used BTF for our first few trips to Bali and around but they have nothing on Gili's and Lombok.

We are a keen traveling couple from Rural NSW, the beach the beach is all I hear... so the Gili's here we come.

I'd like to ask a question if I may, I have done some searching but can't find the best answer. The best option for travel from Bali to Lombok and Gili's?

From what I have found, a fast boat from Bali is better purchased in travel booking agent in Bali and haggled down. How far should I haggle ? ( I know low as possible) but what is a good price and what is a ‘very’ good price?

And the flight option and travel to Gillis from Lombok, it that a better option.

We intend to stay in Bali for a few days to catch up with friends then make our way over.

I’m sure this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship Surprised
Back to top Go down
FunTrecker
Lombok Soulmate
FunTrecker

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-03-13

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Hey welcome to the forum   New to the Forum Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Can't help with the boats as we did the flights. I can recommend Garuda and not Merpati of that helps!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Our experience   New to the Forum Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:58 pm

From Falls Church, Virginia, USA

We just got back from a 30 day trip to Indonesia, visiting Bali, Central Java and Lombok.

Flights to Lombok

Suggest you travel by Garuda Airways. It flies in the evenings every day. The cost may be bit higher (we paid Rp.450,000 one way but a friend living in Bali paid only Rp. 370,000 at the counter) but it is dependable, it is by Boeing 737 and a very short one (15 minutes on the air). Our flight from Lombok was one third full.

Stay at Lombok

My first choice is Holiday Resort (Contact Siska +62 8123756734) - you can mention my name. They have a website and you can book through that. Price includes two breakfasts and it is located in the northern part of Sengiggi wher most of the hotels are. It has extensive grounds and a nice pool overlooking the ocean. Staff are friendly.

If you want to dine outside, Blue Bird taxis can take you to the nearest restaurant for about Rp.250,000. Some of the restaurants in Sengiggi will pick up and drop you.

Holiday Resort has Happy Hours: starting at 6 p.m. near the pool and another at 9 p.m. Drinks (Gin, Vodka, Win run at about Rp. 500,000) are 25% off and you can order food too.

My next choice

The Beach Club at the southern end of Sengiggi. They have four cottages very close to the beach. Run by an Aussie couple, it has become very popular and gets booked quickly. They also have a website and reservations can be made in advance.

This is also a meeting spot for many expatriates who can always be found when there are games. The staff are very friendly.

If necessary, you can contact Glenn or Dee at +62 81805243380. ATMs, Money Changer, Restaurants are almost walking distance from this spot.

My other choice

Santai Beach Inn a very unique place. There are clusters of thatched roof cottages in a nicely maintained garden like environment. I have never stayed there but some like the unique features of communal meals, extensive library and of course the interesting people you meet.

This is located bit south of Holiday Resort. They have a website too and you can make reservations. This is the least expensive of the three choices but the benefits offset the additional cost.

Travel to gillis

Even though I have visited Lombok several times, this is the first time I went there with my wife and two other friends from USA.

We had door to door service starting at 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. In addition to the four of us, we had a Guest Mom with her five year old son and a six year old niece.

Our plans were to visit Gili Trawangan and then Meno and return but the two kids enjoyed the sea so much that we didn't have the heart to go to Meno.

We were picked up at Holiday Resort, met by a Speed Boat at the harbor for the 15 minutes hop each way and again met at the harbor and dropped off at the hotel.

The negotiated rate was Rp.1.2 million. There are cheaper options in public ferries or catamarans but we didn't want to take risks with sea sickness or water spray on my camera.

The contact is Mr. Jabong who speaks good English and his number is +62 81907818597.

Car services

I am too old to hire motor bikes and risk killing chicken or cattle or clash with all kinds of traffic on the roads. Because we were sharing expenses, we hired cars with insurance and English speaking Drivers for day long or fixed hour trips.

For local travel we paid per hour Rp.50,000. When we took a day trip to Mt. Rinjani, there were some additional costs.

The contact is Augustine at +62 81803617343. She operates from Sheraton Sengiggi and her cars get booked in advance. We typically gave one day notice and it worked well during our 11 day stay in Lombok.

For additional information and photographs, send me a private message.

PS Gem: I will post a briefer contacts information once I get over the jet lag.[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
MattieMoo
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-14

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks for the replies, I might look into the flight over.. and bus it up to the Gilis.. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum
Page 1 of 1