Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lombok-Network - Any Good?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thegamwellsmythes
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-29

Lombok-Network - Any Good? Empty
PostSubject: Lombok-Network - Any Good?   Lombok-Network - Any Good? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are going to Bali at Christmas (I know ages away but the planning is half of the fun for me) and are looking at booking flights to and hotels on Lombok.

It seems that www.Lombok-Network.com have a good website and reasonable tours and are mentioned in lots of forums.

Has anyone any experience of booking through them?

We don't have that much time when we are there and want to get as much sorted in advance as possible. I've been reading about organising flights on the Thorn Tree and would like to get an agent to sort it for us as it sounds easier. They also have the advantage of payment through paypal which is reassuring.

Our emails with them have been great so far, very prompt and friendly.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Lombok-Network - Any Good?   Lombok-Network - Any Good? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:32 am

My experience of Lombok Network was that they had our accomodation on thier website acting as an "agent" for us, without our knowledge or permission. They used our copywritten information on their website.

The information they provided on our accomodation by the time I realised they had it on was several years out of date. However the prices were greatly inflated by as much as 100%.

On a positive note they did remove our details from their website as soon as requested.

However if they were doing this with our property it is a fair bet they are doing it with others. I would arrange any accomodation directly with the hotel and for tours look at the prices they are charging than negoatiate a similar tour with a private driver one in Lombok. You should be able to get it cheaper than there rate. (per car rather than per person)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Lombok-Network - Any Good?   Lombok-Network - Any Good? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:33 am

Infact Josi should be able to post a number of a good driver in Senggigi.

Josi I would like to pass the number onto someone on another forum too so would be grateful if you would post it again

Thanks
Gemma
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: My suggestions   Lombok-Network - Any Good? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:47 pm

Paul,

I am picking up the thread from Gemma. I will provide some basic information and if you need any details, email me at josihillary@hotmail.com.

Use of Travel Agent in Lombok

Lombok is a smalller island with fewer options than Bali but very low key and that makes it enjoyable. I suppose your port of entry will be Denpasar/Bali and then you will visit Lombok for few days. Since you have lot of time, you can make all of the arrangements before you leave UK.

If you really need a tour operator in Lombok, I would recommend Bidy Tours (they have a website and you can google it) that is locally owned and I can introduce you to the Director who deals with the tourists from western countries. She used to be the Reservations Manager at Holiday Resort in Lombok, speaks English and you can communicate directly with her through email or telephone.

During Christmas, many of the well heeled Indonesians from Jakarta, Bali and perhaps Singapore take their holiday in Lombok and the lodging rates go higher and reservations are a must.

There is a range of accommodation available in Lombok. Visit websites for Holiday Resort, The Beach Club, Santai Beach Inn etc., to get a feel. My personal preference is The Beach Club run by an Aussie Club. He has BBQ every weekend and a Christmas Turkey dinner (for less than $10 with beer). This is also a watering hole for many expatriates when there are football or rugby tournaments. You cannot beat the prices of beer ($2) or Gin and Tonic ($3.50) at the bar. If you settle on this choice, I can send you the email and telephone number of Glenn Dawson the owner.

Generally the westerners choose a place in the Sengiggi area. Lombok is an island in the shape of Hersheys kiss chocolate, with Mt. Rinjani in the north and the airport in south west with three small towns on the right side of the airport. Sengiggi is in the northwest about 20 minutes by taxi. Sengiggi is a stretch with many lodgings in different price ranges.

You can walk from one end to the other of the commercial area with banks, Post Office, Police Station, ATMs, bars, restaurants and Internet cafes. There is also a grocery store and a nice craft store. Most of your needs can be met in this area. If, however, you want to buy a cell phone or get prints of your digital photos, then you will go to the "down town" of Lombok near the airport.

Lombok transportation

There are taxis with meters available all the time. If you stay in Holiday Resort in the northern part of Sengiggi, the desk will call a taxi and it will arrive within minutes most of the time. If you plan a day trip, you can rent a car with a Driver. The rate is tied with petrol prices and inflation. For a day that starts at 8 a.m. and ends at say 6 p.m., it might cost you $30. I got to know an English speaking Driver and I take care of his meals and tip him $5.

If you want to contact him:

Name: Hassan Nur
Telephone: 62-818548227
Email: hsn_y@yahoo.com

December is a peak season and reservation might be a good idea.

Hassan checks his email fairly regularly.

Many restaurants in Sengiggi will give you free rides to your hotel after dinner. Then there are taxis available until late hours near the bars.

Bali lodging

I have found Ari Putri hotel in Sanur area of Denpasar/Bali quite convenient. It is less than 30 minutes to the airport, I pay $25 (breakfast included) and finish chores like buying SIM card before I take the flight to Lombok. You can make reservations with them over the telephone or Internet. End of the year rates are likely to be higher.

Have a wonderful stay in Lombok.

Josi
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Lombok-Network - Any Good?   Lombok-Network - Any Good? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Ok I am going to add a few points. Mosly as Josi only stays in the senggig area.

Quote :
During Christmas, many of the well heeled Indonesians from Jakarta, Bali and perhaps Singapore take their holiday in Lombok and the lodging rates go higher and reservations are a must.

Prices only go up in the higher end accomodations. In budget accomodations many remain the same.

Quote :
You cannot beat the prices of beer ($2) or Gin and Tonic ($3.50) at the bar.

You will likely find these prices have gone up a fair bit now due to the clamp down on illegally imported spirits.
Also a beer in the supermarket costs $1.80 now so not many restaurants or hotels will be offering them at $2.

Quote :
There are taxis with meters available all the time.
Only in Senggigi and Mataram. In other areas you will probably have to charter a car and driver for any trips.

Do remember there is more to Lombok than Senggigi. Like Kuta Bali it is ther main tourist stip on Lombok and there is much more to do and see away from this area! Lombok's best beaches are down in the south.

[/quote]For a day that starts at 8 a.m. and ends at say 6 p.m., it might cost you $30.[quote]

This is an extremely low rate for transport for a full day. Josi possibly has special rates as he is a long term customer and freind. The going rate for a transfer between Senggigi and Kuta for instance is $30. You wont get a full day even in Bali now for $30 and transport costs in lombok are higher.

Hope that helps sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lombok-Network - Any Good?   Lombok-Network - Any Good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lombok-Network - Any Good?
Page 1 of 1