Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MissWooFarkinHoo
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House Empty
PostSubject: Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House   Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 pm

We are leaving for Bali in 4 weeks time - Our Honeymoon. This will be my 5th trip but my first to Lombok/GT.

Could some kind person please confirm if this is correct way to go about things.

On arrival day it's a good idea to go across to the Domestic Terminal and book our return flights before heading to our booked accommodation at the Jayakarta in Legian? With whom should we book the flight with? Our flight arrives in at 9.30pm - Is the domestic terminal open to take bookings at this time?

We are about to book a One Bedroom Pool Bungalow at The Beach House in GT, any forum members comments on this place would be appreciated.

At the time of booking are we best to pay the hotels offered transfer of $17US each for airport pick-up/speed boat transfer etc?

Is it best to book via their website for the best rate?

Thank-you in advance to any replies.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House   Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:10 am

Hi, congrats on your wedding, I'm sure you will have a wonderful honeymoon in Bali and Lombok

You will not be able to book tickets late at night at the domestic terminal - all the airline offices close around 4.30 - 5pm for ticket sales. You will be able to either get the Jayakarta to organise the tickets for you, or use a local agent in Legian to do it, or take a trip back out to the airport to do yourself the next day. It only costs a little more to use an agent to do it (less than $10) so if it was me, I would be doing that and enjoying your honeymoon in more pleasant pursuits. Very Happy

There are 3 airlines that go at the moment, and they are all much the same. I wouldn't recommend one over the other.

I haven't stayed at the Beach House so can't comment personally.

The transfer to pick you up at Lombok airport and transfer you to Gili T by speedboat is not an unreasonable price. The alternative is the cost of a taxi to Bangsal Harbour for around Rp 100,000 and then you have to run the gauntlet of the very aggressive touts, and then the transfer itself on a small boat is around another Rp 30,000 each (and you will have to wait for the boat to fill). If you get to Bangsal too late, you may have to charter a boat to take you, and that will cost you as much as what you would have paid for the speed boat + hassle. While the latter option may be a bit cheaper, for the little extra the Beach House transfer would cost it would be be my preference, particularly as you are on your honeymoon. Getting picked up at the airport and whisked off to Gili T by speedboat is a much more pleasurable experience!

Can't comment on website booking for rate - do you mean as opposed to just turning up and trying for the best rate then?

Have a lovely time
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House   Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Freo has pretty much covered it all.

Personally I would avoid Merpati if you are going for the last flight in or out. Merpati's last flight is often delayed. The rest of their flights during the day tend to be okay. The other two airlines are IAT (Indonesia Air Transport) & Trigana.

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Have a wonderful day and a perfect honeymoon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House   Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbee To Lombok Forum - Question RE: Gili Trawangan & The Beach House
Page 1 of 1