Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smalltalk
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok   Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Good news for those of you who live in Lombok. Telkom Speedy, an ADSL internet connection, is now available in Mataram (and Senggigi?) area. Telkom Speedy is faster, more stable and much cheaper than Telkomnet Instan. It can also be used without interrupting incoming calls. Howevr there is still one question left for me: Is the connection quality of Telkom Speedy in Lombok the same as that of in Bali or Java?
Back to top Go down
http://kafefx.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok   Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes, I mentioned Telkom speedy in my post on the expat forum regarding internet. This has been available for some time in Lombok, and is available in Mataram, Senggigi and a number of other places. You need a landline with a particular prefix (I don't have the details with me, but the Telkom office can tell you). There are issues if you have an old phone line, or one that is subject to interruptions (such as bamboo and trees knocking it around, or if it is strung a long way from the road via bamboo poles and tree branches as if quite often the case).
I know a couple of people and business using this service and they are quite happy with it.
Back to top Go down

Telkom Speedy - ADSL internet connection in Lombok
Page 1 of 1