Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SamB
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Empty
PostSubject: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:04 am

Hi there, We (myself, hubby 2 boys) are relocating within the next month to Lombok for his new job. His company is paying (partially) for our accomodations so that is good. I homeschool our 2 boys (10 and 5). We are looking to connect with other expats in the area especially homeschoolers. I am originally from the UK but have been in the US for about 25 yrs. We are excited about the move and any advice on everything will be appreciated (from buying groceries to a car). Hope to meet some of you soon.
Back to top Go down
Mimpi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Sam and welcome to Lombok Lovers

You don't mention where in Lombok you will be based. We are down in Kuta so feel free to drop by and have a coffee some time if you are in the area. We have one son aged 5 but he will be starting school locally this month.

For a car you will generally get a better price buying privately than from a dealer. Look for cars with DI JUAL (for sale) signs in the window. Groceries of course depends on where you are living.

Back to top Go down
SamB
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:32 am

We will be staying at Holiday Resort Lombok close to Senggigi (I think), not sure how far that is from Kuta. My husband will be working at the airport.
Back to top Go down
SamB
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Josi, Thanks for the info, actually he will be at the old airport working. He has already been to the hotel so I have seen some pics, not sure how long we will live there before we decide to try to rent a place, depends on several factors. I am definately interested in meeting other expatriates if you know of any in the area.

Sam
Back to top Go down
callum
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi SamB.
I have a House in Krandangan for rent/sale if it looks as though your husband will be here for a while.

I am based in Sekotong. The South West. So when your settled pop on down.

If you want more info on the house please e-mail me.

lomboksolutions@gmail.com

Cheers
Callum
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi Sam
Welcome to LL!
Holiday Resort is located at Mangsit, which is 4km north of the main Senggigi tourist strip. It is a nice area, boutique hotels along a bay with a village across the road. I lived in Mangsit for nearly a year.

From Mangsit to the airport is around 30 mins by car. There are a couple of houses that come up for rent in Mangsit from time to time. If you like the area, ask around. One is owned by an Australian girl and her Indonesian husband, the other is located within Santai Beach Inn. It is nice being located in that area, walk to the beach, not too hot in the summer.

However, once you get to know Lombok, if your husband is at the airport and you want somewhere convenient to there - and you want to be still reasonably close to the beach, then you might look around the Montong area. Either Montong itself or somewhere close by like Aik Ginit. There are a few expat style houses that come up for rent there. It is also where the only International school is located ( if you decide that you want to send your kids to school rather than home-school ).

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions. I don't live in Lombok at the moment though, so not up to date on stuff like current food prices etc.
Back to top Go down
SamB
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Great info thanks, We figure we will stay at the resort for a while and see how things go, the upside is that they are family friendly and so hopefully there will be plenty of kids vacationing from time to time, we also want to get the lay of the land before we commit to renting, our initial contract is only for 1 year but we plan on staying longer if all goes well.
Back to top Go down
SamB
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 am

@ Josi, Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated    Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving to Lombok soon - all advice appreciated
Page 1 of 1