Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP Gili Trawanagan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stephreynolds
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-28

HELP Gili Trawanagan Empty
PostSubject: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:39 am

Hi,

I am travelling to Gili T via Mataram. I arrive in mataram airport at 13:45 and have heard that ferrys may take a long time to fill up in the day, so have contacted a dive centre in Gili T to see if I can arrange a collection by speed boat. Has any one done this journey?

Also, what is the practical information regarding gili T, How expensive is it food + drink etc. I've heard there are no cash points on the island so will need to take exact money to ensure that we don't run out. Could some one give me a gu-estimate based on their average spending per day.

Thanks so much,

Steph
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Steph

Assuming that you are travelling from Bangsal - you will not be taking a ferry to Gili T but a traditional Prahu. Though you still need to wait for it to be full it doesnt take so many people to fill one. On arrival at Bangsal the touts are likely to try and tell you that there are no more guests and you need to charter one yourself but ignore them and head down to the beach and go to the building to your left. That is the official ticket office and they will tell give you a straight story. I think at that time you may have to wait a bit but there will be others arriving from Bali. After about 4pm is when you would likely have trouble getting a boat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Didn't read your post properly and see you are only arriving at the airport at 1.45. Its about an hour to Bangsal, allowing for time to delays, time to disembark get bags etc Yes you will be cutting it fine for a boat straight away. You mayu be better off spending a night in Senggigi - or of course you could charter a boat but not sure how much you would be expected to pay.
Back to top Go down
mimpikami
Lombok Lover
mimpikami

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Gili T   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:06 pm

I agree with Gemma that it would be best to stay the night in Sengiggi. Try the "Bukit Sengigg" or at the opposite side of the road "Linas".
From there you can walk up to Dream Divers on the main street and book a trip for the following morning to Gili T. They bring you to Teluk Nare where they have a boat waiting for the 20 minute boatride to Gili T. It's a very scenic and beautiful trip on the coastal road to the harbour from Sengiggi.
Back to top Go down
stephreynolds
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks so much for your replies.

I have actually booked a speedboat and airport collection with the hotel I'm staying with and diving with on gili T, this transfer only takes 15mins, which I think is the most convenient means of travelling.

I am still quite confused about how much money to take though, we are there for 10days and it doesn't say on any of the forums how much an average meals costs. As there isn't an ATM on the island it is quite vital to get this right.

Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

I would say an average main course in a tourist type restaurant would be around Rp40,000/50,000.

Soft drinks are from Rp5,000 /10,000.

Large Beers are Rp25,000/30,000

You will get cheaper in local warungs.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 am

I read on thorn tree forum last year that there now is an ATM on gili T. Perhaps check with your hotel. I also read a post about the airport pickup/speedboat and they were very happy with the service and recommended it.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am

I hope Steph doesn't mind but I am going to move this post to the Lombok Travel section as Gili T is part of Lombok rather than Bali HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP Gili Trawanagan   HELP Gili Trawanagan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP Gili Trawanagan
Page 1 of 1