Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

drivers license

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tom
Lombok Lover

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-17

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:05 am

Tried to get a license in Praya a couple years ago with no luck. Do I need to go to Bali? Mainly only motor bike but car would be nice too. Tom
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: Re: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 am

Hi Tom

I don't know about getting a license in Lombok but I have got mine a few times in Bali so if you do decide to go for that option I can give you the address and details.

On my last renewal they had cleaned up thier act, and only the person getting the license is allowed in the office, no "agents" and there was nobody being taken off into a little office to arrange it privately. They have a time flow chart up and my renewal took exactly as long as they said - 45 minutes. A new license was 1.15 I think. I have all the details elsewhere on a post I made on BEF if you need more info.

If you would rather do it in Lombok it might be worth having a word with Made as he is friends with most of the police in Praya. He would certainly be able to find out if you can get it issued there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
tom
Lombok Lover

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: Re: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:20 am

Thanks Gemma. Still in the dreaming/planning stage right now. I can get an international license trom auto club here free i think. It's not for motorbike but I'm told it shouldn't matter in Lombok. When I went to Praya I took Susi's brother in law with me. He is not well connected there and wasn't any help. It may not have mattered. I may be visiting Lombok next year and stopping for a day or two in Bali then. If I do I will ask again for the info at that time. It's winter and raining, cold here. Dreaming of lombok. BTW do you happen to know of a freight consolidator/agent I could speak to about sending freight from USA to Lombok? We have accumulated enough stuff for the opening of the cafe, etc. where I think it would be cost feasible to ship some over. Susi is pregnant with our second. We are considering going over next year and her and the kids staying. She would manage the opening of our cafe in Kuta and get things going. I would follow in another year or two. Getting pretty exciting as time gets closer. Are you dividing your time between Lombok and Bali or sticking pretty much just to Bali? Thanks again for the reply. Tom.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: Re: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 pm

I dont know any shipping agents in USA maybe if there are other Americans who have moved to Bali/Lombok they will be able to help. You could try posting on the BEF as freight goes to Bali anyway. At least when I shipped from UK I had to go to Bali to pick it up.

Your international license if it doesn't cover you for bikes will not be any use in Lombok. They DO know the difference and tourists get pulled because they are so often driving without a license or with the wrong one. Howver if you will be just around the Kuta area it shouldnt be a problem but you are lilely to be pulled if you go through Praya or Mataram.

Congratulations to you and Susi sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
tom
Lombok Lover

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: Re: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 pm

I will need the license as I will be going to and through Mataram area. I will no doubt be going to Desert Point and I will also probable be going to Mataram to change money. I will just plan on getting one in Bali I suppose. Far as shipping I will continue to research it. We have made some Indonesian friends here. One couple is from Lombok and the husband is Chinese Indonesian. Well connected in business in Lombok. I may be able to share a container with him. If I have to pay a whole container myself I'm afraid it won't be feasible. Thanks for your help Gemma and hope you and your family are doing well. Merry Christmas! Tom.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: Re: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Tom - sorry when I said shipped.... I actually air freighted 7 tea chests and a few other boxes. Certainly from UK at the time I could only find info about getting my stuff as far as Surabaya by sea and the cost of the airfreight to Bali was not a lot more. Things may have changed now and/or be different from America.

Good luck and merry Christmas to you & Susi too santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

drivers license Empty
PostSubject: Re: drivers license   drivers license Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drivers license
Page 1 of 1