Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bazz
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi
My name is Barry ( Bazz )
My wife Leni and I live in Mangsit, next to Holiday Inn
I finish my contract in December and move back to Lombok to retire
We built our house in Lombok 8 years ago
We love the location close to beautiful Mangsit beach
My hobbies are golf, walking and meeting my friends at the OFFICE
If you are coming to Lombok and want some info, play some golf
I can give guide where to stay, how much and what to do
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi Bazz

Lucky you! I lived in Mangsit for a while, and would love to own a home there one day, we also plan to retire there, but that is a little way off for us. My step-son lives in Mangsit down the other end near the driveway up to Qunci on the hill, but he plans to put a small house on 2 are of land a bit behind your place near the creek. I'm trying to picture your house - is it behind holiday resort apartments?

Freo
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Where is Barry's home in Mangsit?   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:39 am

Did Barry return to Lombok for good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:47 pm

One wonders hey Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Maybe Barry is typical of so many expats - once they retire to Lombok/Bali, they have less desire to get online, their days are consumed by life outside cyberspace. Imagine that. affraid
I will be back in Mangsit for a break in September, if I remember I will ask if Barry is around. I'm still trying to figure out where his house is - it's the 8 years that stumps me. But I know the other end of Mangsit better.
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

PostSubject: Eight year old house in Mangsit   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Karen,

His invitation said: If you are coming to Lombok and want some info, play some golf
I can give guide where to stay, how much and what to do

Isn't Cyberspace a good medium to communicate with the visitors?

I became familiar with the area behind Holiday Resort Apartments because of two people. Ali who lives there made book marks for me. Then Sapinah partner of Ida (Dayah for you) also lives there. I have visited their homes and also walked around that area few times.

If a bule has a home there, Ali certainly will have talked about it. Laughing bounce

Josi
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Actually Josi there are some bule houses in there to the right of the track - a German couple have a house, as well as a Canadian guy. We've got 2 are right down the back near the creek that Heri will put a house on one day.
I thought Tajudin made the bookmarks for you?
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

PostSubject: Who is Tajudin?   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:50 am

Karen,

I did business with one Ali who hangs around Holiday Resort. He with the help of another family made bookmarks worth $200. He always introduced himself as "Ali" but this could be his "bisnis" name Smile

The area where he lives is behind the mosque. I have walked there three times and this is also the area where Sapinah lives.

You mentioned about the homes of a German family and of a Canadian. I do not recall a motorable road in the area I visited. Anyhow, that is a very nice area.

I have posted three photographs of the families of Ali, his friend and Sapinah. I have asked Gemma to give her OK for this. Let me know if you recognize Tajudin in this.

Josi
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:40 am

photos have been approved Smile
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:32 am

Are you sure you posted the right photo josi? I can only see one which is says Entrance to Crispo even though the title says it is Ali et.al.
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

PostSubject: Made an error and correcting it   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:14 am

I made more than one error while I posted the photos. Now I have asked Gemma to delete that photo and add four new ones.

This time I made sure the right ones are sent.

Josi
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm waiting bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:29 pm

I just approve pics. I dont even see them just tic a box approved. When you send me a request to delete I have no idea which ones. Can you not delete photos that you added yourself? Please try this first.
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

PostSubject: Gallery posting is a one way street   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 am

I am not able to delete any photo from the Gallery. There are no boxes to tick.

I tried to create a "Personal" gallery but it will not allow me to do it.

Sad

Evil or Very Mad

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 am

Hi Gemma

I just tested this for myself. I can't create my own album. I can upload a pic to the public gallery and to the Gemma's Lombok photos album, but once it's uploaded it says it needs to be approved and I can't see the pic.

I was wondering what the point is having the moderator approve pics when you can't see them?

Oh, and I still can't see Josi's new photos - maybe the new ones got deleted. confused
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

PostSubject: Offering to the Moderator?   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

What can I offer to the Moderator to fix the problem with the Gallery?

lol!

Last edited by Josi on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:14 pm

No photos have been deleted yet.

I will go on now and approve your photos Freo.

I will try to figure out how to allow you to create albums etc. These are the default settings when i created the group. I did not do anything about albums.

I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:25 pm

I have changed the settings so that users can moderate albums. However I thnk only the moderator can create albums as it is done in the Admin site not on the forum. I can go in and creat an album each for you both...However there is limited storage space and it is currently 60% full with the photos already uploaded.

A better option would be to create a page for links to your online albums, like Webshots, Photobucket etc.

What do you thnk?
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

PostSubject: My suggestions for the Gallery   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:23 am

Gemma,

I would like to post my photos in Webshots and establish links in my postings here.

Can you go ahead and delete all my photographs in this Gallery?

Josi
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Josi, I have created a thread in the Lombok Travel Forum for members to post links to their photos.

I will delete your photos now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas   Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi I will be permanetely back in Lombok at Christmas
Page 1 of 1