Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok   Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 am

I am seeking information for visiting Sumbawe during my next trip to Bali/Lombok. So far I have visited the Indonesian official site and done some searches but I still do not have adequate information about logistics, accommodation etc.

I have a map (Periplus) that gives me a general idea about the towns, main roads on the periphery of the island and some clue about where Komodos (?) are.

Through this posting I want to get enough information to make a realistic plan for no more than a week. I am doing it through the following questions:

1. Do people generally travel to Sumbawe from Bali rather than Lombok?
2. I believe there is a ferry service from East Lombok to Sumbawe but are there flights?
3. If so, how frequent are the flights and are the flights to Bima from Ampenan?
4. If you treat Sengiggi area in Lombok as a baseline, how are the tourist facilities in places like Bima?

Josi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sarojini.org
Mimpi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok   Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 am

Quite a lot of our longer term surfer guests also head over to Sumbawa. Usually by bike, taking the ferry. The ferry takes about 1.5 hours. I havent been myself but from what I hear back from guests travel is harder and things are more basic than Lombok.

Hopefully there will be some members that can give first hand accounts though.

Glad you got your log in issue sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tom
Lombok Lover

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:04 am

When I looked into flights from Lombok to Bima a few years ago you could go direct 1 way but had to go through Bali the other. That may well have changed.
Transport from the airport is expensive because they have organized a set price. That's to Hu'u. If you're staying local it's not an issue.
It's a1 long day or more realistally 2 days over land from Lombok to Bima. Nice to have your own car and driver from Lombok whom you're familar with. A little more for ferry but worth it if you're traveling alot.
Maluk west Sumbawa home of the infamous American gold and copper mine is best passed through umless you enjoy living on the edge in a very sketchy environment.
All of my experience is from a chasing waves perspective and not so much from a traditional touists but should translate. I've motorbiked alone, flown, and overland with a car and driver. Point is I'm mot just repeating what I've heard. Have fun and good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mimpi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 pm

I just received details today, of a new hotel/homestay in Bima so thought I would post the link incase anyone is looking for rooms www.bimamantika.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok   

Back to top Go down

Visiting Sumbawe from Lombok
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1