Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airport opening scheduled for October 2011

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mimpi
Lombok Soulmate

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Airport opening scheduled for October 2011   Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:08 am

(6/18/2011)

The government now estimates the inauguration of the Lombok International Airport, on Bali's near neighbor island to the east, will take place in October 2011.

Kompas.com reports that the long-delayed project is now in its final stages of completion, including the acquisition of lands needed to improve access to the new airport.

Sapto Kariyadi, the sales manager of the Lombok branch office of Garuda Indonesia in Mataram, Lombok, said: "This can't be postponed further. The airport must be quickly finished due to its meaning for the development of the economy of the island of Lombok."

Sapto said the new Lombok airport will enhance tourism to Lombok due to its ability to handle larger aircraft.

During a visit to the new airport on Monday, June 13, 2011, the vice-minister for transportation, Bambang Susantono, called on contractors to hasten the completion of their work. Said Susantono, "if we want to inaugurate the airport in October, then all work on the airport has to be completed by September."

Sisantono confirmed that the radar and navigation systems are operating and ready to go, with only the terminal and road access work still uncompleted.

The new Lombok International Airport covers an area of 595 hectares. The airport's development cost RP. 802 billion (US$91 million), an increase from the Rp. 665 billion (US$75.6 million) originally estimated for the project.

Bali Discovery Article
Back to top Go down
tjabemerah
Lombok Lover
tjabemerah

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: airport   Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 am

Let's wait and see.I still think that it's a disaster,this airport.I think they will open it even if there's a great lack of safety.They still think here that if you build a new airport more tourists will come.I will say,keep on dreaming because you need much more to attrackt tourist.And that is something that they can't arrange here.
Last week I drove to Bangko -Bangko again and if you see all those mills that they use for the gold and the poison they use for it that goes straight into the ground I can predict you that the future there will not so bright as people think now.I,am very glad that I didn,t invest in the Sekotong region.
And some other stuff.Air Asia will start flying to Lombok in July because they are chartered by Merpati who doesn,t have planes available due maintenance.They will fly the almost 3700 TKI's to Kuala Lumpur.
And the traffic fines will go up.No sim or sntk with you and you must pay 250.000Rp to our beloved policeforce.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotel-lombok.nl
tom
Lombok Lover

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Airport opening scheduled for October 2011   Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:58 pm

I too am skeptical about the airport opening soon. I think they need to get signed off by some kind of non-indonesian inspection commitee. The guy in the article basically said hurry production at any cost. I don't know where they are in the inspection process but I'd be suprised if it opened in the next year.
As for the illegal mining it just goes to show how worthless regulatory authorities are. It doesn't take alot of education or intellect to know the harm that can occur from dumping mercury into the ground. Surely people in positions of power can comprehend that. I bet they'd be on me in a hurry with a stiff fine if I tried mining illegally.
That is Lombok. How was your trip to Banko banko?. What's the crowd like there now. I haven't been for a couple years.
Back to top Go down
tjabemerah
Lombok Lover
tjabemerah

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: bangko - banko.   Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:30 pm

If you see that region now or let's say 10 years ago it's now better developt.It was a very poor region but now because of this illegal mining the people have more income so a better life.But the way they earn this money is not futureproof.Once agian if this doesn't stop in a few years,the moon look like paradise compared with this region.There is hot mix now almost towards bangko - bangko.2O years ago I needed a full day(6am-7pm)from Ampenan to B-B and back by motorbike and 3 days sakit pantat.Now only 1hour and 15 minutes.But still beautifull scenery there.great views.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotel-lombok.nl
tom
Lombok Lover

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Airport opening scheduled for October 2011   Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 pm

I love the ride to banko2. I normally think of riding my motor bike as a way from point a to point b, but that ride is so picturesque and the anticipation of surf is a great feeling. I hope the gov will put a stop to the degradation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airport opening scheduled for October 2011   Airport opening scheduled for October 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airport opening scheduled for October 2011
Page 1 of 1