Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from Tinnupbooey

Go down 
+2
Sonny
tinnupbooey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tinnupbooey
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Hi from Tinnupbooey Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Tinnupbooey   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:59 am

New to Lombok forum. After many years exploring Bali we are off to Lombok and Gili Air this September. Can't wait to explore somewhere new! We travel cheap and cheerful and our research starts now. I hate broad, general questions but will have to ask them as we have no idea where to go, so if anyone wants to throw us some "Have to go here etc" then we would appreciate it. We are a couple in our 40's with 2 kids 10 and 12 who like it quiet, interesting, picturesque, snorkelling etc. Cheers...
Back to top Go down
Sonny
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Hi there   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Welcome to Lombok Lovers. We have gathered so much info off this website over the past few years - sure you will find plenty of answers.
Re: Accommodation - we are also a family of 4. We always stay at Holiday Resort in the 2 bedroom self contained apartments (that way can stock up the fridge for the kids). Can book thru agents etc but we find it cheaper via their website (price includes an absolutely massive brekky - you won't need to eat until dinner.) You can check out the rooms etc on their website. We find it a great location - 5 minutes taxi to Senggigi - taxis located at the Resort. Supermarkets in Senggigi, ATMs, plenty of eating places varying in price. Easy to organise transport to the Gilis, can organise drivers/tours in Senggigi or at the Resort.
Hope this helps you a little!!
Cheers, Deb.
Back to top Go down
Ezah
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Tinnupbooey   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:46 pm

If you are seeking cheap, with kids, I also recommend Holiday Resort apartments. We stayed for a month and it was around 40US$ p.n. We didnt think much of the food (for the price they sell it at) and mainly brought stuff in or ate out, but the breakfast buffet is adequate e.g. rice/noodles/pancakes/pastries/eggs/fruit.. Although It beats me how they can make such a tasteless Mie Goreng.. but at this price isnt not really a complaint.
The only other option at that price would be to hire a villa/apartment and do self catering. But being new to the island that might be too much hassle without any fall back to room service/hotel restaurant.
definitely aim for Sengiggi where the most facilities are and plan some excursions to Sekotong, Gillis, Kuta and Mataram for shopping. You can find car+driver with decent vehicles outside the Sheraton in Sengiggi or at the travel agents in town (dont forget to haggle the price!)

this may be useful too http://www.thelombokguide.com
Back to top Go down
Josi
Lombok Soulmate
Josi

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Photos of Holiday Resort through Picasa album   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:33 am

Last year I put together an album based on my stays at the apartments for the benefit of Funtrekker. (She would love to go there again but the guys in her life want more of Bali type of experience).

Here is the link to the album. In case you are not able to view it, email me at josihillary@hotmail.com so that I can send you a direct invitation.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/z-S1Hv_6q0SAa-TDvUbzyw?feat=email

Josi
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarojini.org
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Tinnupbooey   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:24 am

Also, on the same beach as Holiday Resort, is Santai Beach Inn. It has family size rooms. It is entirely different to Holiday Resort - no pool, no a/c. Traditional thatch bungalows set in gardens. Lovely vegetarian 'communal' meals (diners sit together at one large table). Rates for the family room for 4 would be around Rp 350,000 per night + tax.
But.. if you can get a holiday resort apartment for the same price, then I'd look pretty hard at those. But if they are more expensive (and they usually are unless you are staying for quite a while) Santai is a great experience.
Back to top Go down
tinnupbooey
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Thanks   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

thanks for your replies. The resort looks great and loved the photos Josi, but website says family rooms are around $110.00 per night so not in our price range. Might try emailing them to see if we can get a bit cheaper. If not we'll keep looking.
Back to top Go down
Ezah
Lombok Friend

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Tinnupbooey   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:14 am

Ours was 1200USD for 30 nights.. so we got a discount. It really depends how long you stay. But send them a mail to reservationmgr@holidayresort-lombok.com and ask. Or you could try through Bidy Tours (ask for Ariani at bidytour@indo.net.id), they may have some discounted rates. Its the "family Apartment" you want.
Back to top Go down
FunTrecker
Lombok Soulmate
FunTrecker

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Stayed at Holiday Resort on Josi's recommendation   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Recommendation and booked through TA in oz and paid $40 or so a night. Loved it!

What to do

Diving learn to dive at the resort.......

Take a trip to Kuta and surrounds

Go to the Gill's for sure...to dive, to snorkel, to veg............

My fairly detailed HNR's are on this site if you search we did it last year with Mr 14..............

Hope this helps and welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
tinnupbooey
Lombok Virgin

PostSubject: Starting to get somewhere...   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:06 am

After a couple of days in Sanur, we've decided we want to go straight to Gili Air from Padang Bai (we too love Rotto, Funtrecker, as we live in Coogee WA) for around 4 days, then to Lombok for 6 days. We are then meeting a friend on Lembongan (a favourite) for 3 days and hoping to go straight there from Lombok on one of the scoot boats, before a final stint in Sanur for 7 days (our all time favourite place) before flying home. We've been recommended a new/cheap place to stay called Banana bungalows on Gili Air. Still have to organise boat transfers and accommodation in Lombok. We want to hire a car in Lombok (which we do in Bali) because we love the freedom, and will stay few days in Senggigi and few in Kuta I think, and sightsee as much as possible. Looked at carhire sites and they are soooo expensive compared to my 165,000rp silver Avanza (that I affectionately call my "Tony Vanza", ie Tony Danza from Chips ha ha). Airport car hire place seems cheapest, but still twice the price. We always take Periplus atlas and iphone GPS to help navigate. Anyways, lots of planning to do! So reading through everyones HNRs/JBRs for all the tips on money changers and restaurants etc. Thanks guys, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
FunTrecker
Lombok Soulmate
FunTrecker

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Sanurs a firm favourite with us too!   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:11 am

Its only 34 sleeps till we go.............9 nights Kuta - Bali, one night Sanur (to drop stuff and Mr 15 to play fotsal) then 3 Nusa Lembogan and then back to Sanur for final 14..............

Can't wait and looking forward to hearing your HNR & JBR....................Enjoy!

Why not stay with Gemma in Kuta - great reviews!
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Tinnupbooey   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:58 pm

I love Rotto too having lived there for several years way back when...

Anyhoo, don't hire a vehicle via a website, they are all way too expensive. You will get a much better deal if you hire one when you get there from one of the hire places in Senggigi. About half way down the main drag of Senggigi, there is a tourist information booth that deals in hire cars. The owner actually lives just behind there. You can get something like a Jimni for around 180,000 - 280,000 per day (depending on vehicle and time of year). Expect prices for cars and motorbikes to be a little more in Lombok because there is 1. less competition than Bali, and 2. they actually cost more to buy in Lombok too (population and competition again).
Of course, the longer the hire, the more 'discount' you can ask for cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Tinnupbooey   Hi from Tinnupbooey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Tinnupbooey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lombok Lovers :: Lombok Chatter :: Meet the Lombok Lovers!-
Jump to: