Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Orientation Tour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Free Orientation Tour Empty
PostSubject: Free Orientation Tour   Free Orientation Tour Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Something I often do for guests when they arrive is take them for a drive around some of the local beaches, so that they can get their bearings and know where to find some of the quieter spots.

I have decided to make it an official part of the Mimpi Manis package.

Due to the condition of the road at the moment I am not heading west but instead east. Usually going to Tanjung Aan first, then to Seger and finishing up in my current favourite beach, Serenting where if the guest likes we stop for an hour or two for a swim.
The service is subject to the availability of the car on the guest’s arrival.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Skewy
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Orientation Tour   Free Orientation Tour Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 am

Hi Gemma

I've been reading quite a few articles on the Kuta area and have noticed they have been quite a few concerns raised about theft and general safety around the area. My main concern is, say for example if I wanted to cycle around Kuta on my own and chain a bicycle up and go for a surf will this be likely to get stolen or will I be likely to get robbed. Also say for example if I was taking photo's with of the surf would I be likely to be robbed.

I know that a lot of negative media seems to shine through so I was hoping to get a local perspective especially seeing as though I would be travelling with my wife and her safety is important to me

Thanks a million

Kewyn
skewyzn@yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Free Orientation Tour   Free Orientation Tour Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Kewyn

Kuta did have a bad reputation for thefts several years ago and a new police office was opened. more police stationed here a number of the criminals were caught and jailed and things cleaned up a lot However, maybe because of all the new development and higher tourists numbers, in the last few months I have been hearing stories again of thefts from rooms and I met one girl a few days ago who had her bag pulled off her when on the back of a motorbike. This was at 11 at night.

Although like anywhere there are risks most travelers here don't have any problem.

When you surf leave your bike in designated parking areas where there is security. Parking costs Rp2000 for a motorbike and probably the same for a bike.

Obviously don't leave your camera or any other valuables on the beach when you do surf. If you rent a motorbike rather than a bicycle you can leave a few small things locked in the seat of the bike. Most surfers then either leave the key with the parking guy or hide it somewhere nearby (or a zipped pocket in your boardies is a good idea)

As you say bad press shines through - the problems are reported but not all the great holidays that many people have here without incident.

I should also add that the girl I met the other day who was robbed said it has not put her off Kuta - she plans on being here for another couple of months!

As a final add on - Mimpi Manis have safety boxes in the rooms for added peace of mind sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Orientation Tour   Free Orientation Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Orientation Tour
Page 1 of 1