Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lombok to Sumbawa

Go down 
+2
outahere
coralseas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coralseas
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Hello to forum members,
I have been reading the posts on and off since I discovered the Lombok Lovers forum a few months ago, and have loved hearing about different Lombok topics and you have answered many questions I didn't even know I had, so thankyou all Smile
We haven't been to Kute since 2000 and first went in 1985 so are looking forward to a week or so stay in October 08. Gemma your home stay looks and sounds perfect, we will visit for sure I am just not sure yet the dates, we are trying to relive our backpacking days and be a bit flexible, but definitely wanting more comforts than we have experienced on past travels! We are likely to just turn up and see if you have a room (we have two months and think it will be around 26th October)

Travelling is myself, husband (surfer) and daughter 12 yrs.

My question is about travelling from Lombok to West Sumbawa. I have visited a website for a place called Tropical Beach Resort, but have been unable to contact them. Does anyone know if the resort is still operating??

Any info much appreciated, thankyou, Coralseas
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:52 pm

Isn't that frustrating, somone goes to the trouble of building a nice website about their hotel, and then fails to put any contact details there - just a contact page you submit - but what to do if they don't reply! Well if you DO get hold of them, and end up staying there I would love to hear how it was. Sorry I can't offer any info myself on whether they are still operating - looks a bit beyond my usual budget anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi Coralseas and welcome to Lombok Lovers

I am afraid I dont know anything about the resort either. I hope that you get some positive feedback from our members.

October isnt looking too busy just yet, so we should be able to accomodate you and your familyat Mimpi Manis. Maybe if you contact us a couple of days before arrival, to be sure of a room.

sunny
Gemma
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
coralseas
Lombok Virgin

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi Freogirl
Yes I know very frustrating and such a tempting looking website. But after a few attempts at using the contact page I haven't had any luck in being able to send a message let alone get a reply. It's a bit beyond our budget also, but decided we would splurge for a few days. Will happily report on it if we get there.

and hi Gemma, yes I will look at contacting you before we come, will be nice to be expected rather than wonder if you have room for us.

will wait now and see if anyone else has info about the Tropical Beach Resort

thanks to both of you for quick replies Smile
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 am

Hi coralseas
you could perhaps post on the Balipod.com forum and see if Dr Bruce responds - he used to live in Sumbawa for several years, I think in that area, and would perhaps have current knowledge of the accommodation in that area.

There is also Thorn Tree forum.

Cheers

FG
Back to top Go down
pPamela
Lombok Virgin

Registration date : 2008-07-06

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Dr Bruce also posts on the forum below these days   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Back to top Go down
coralseas
Lombok Virgin

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: thanks pPamela   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 pm

thanks for the link pPamela, I have posted my question there as you suggested Smile
Back to top Go down
lolo
Lombok Lover
lolo

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Hello

Scar Reef is a very nice beach and place, last June I took some pictures of Scar Reef

There are several accomodations there... If you don't come in July or AUgust, it is easy to find a room without any booking. And if you are not lucky, Maluk Beach is not far and plenty accomodations there.

Ferry for Lombok to Sumbawa is about one hour and there many.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lombok.fr
drbruce
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Accomodations in the Sekongkang Area   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:10 pm

I may have answered this on the Thorn Tree forum, but old age is getting the best of my memory. There are three places to stay in the Sekongkang Area: Tropical (expensive), Yoyo's (relatively expensive) and the place next door to Yoyo's (forgot the name). Some Aussies own the last place and it seems to be nice enough. I've heard good things from folks who have stayed there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lombok to Sumbawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lombok to Sumbawa   Lombok to Sumbawa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lombok to Sumbawa
Page 1 of 1