Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plants and plastic pots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonathan Matterson
Lombok Virgin
Jonathan Matterson

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Plants and plastic pots  Empty
PostSubject: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good nursery that has good quality plants at a good price.

I did get prices from one nursery and they were more expensive than nurseries back home.

I'm also after a place to get plastic pots as well.

Thanks Jonathan
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 am

I generally go to the nurseries up near the airport. I haven't bought anything for a few years now but always found them reasonably priced in the past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
Jonathan Matterson
Lombok Virgin
Jonathan Matterson

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 am

thanks ! Basketball
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:32 pm

The trick is to get a local to go and make sure they don't tell the nursery that the plants are for a Bule, including not telling the nursery the location of the property where the plants are going.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Matterson
Lombok Virgin
Jonathan Matterson

PostSubject: Mysterious truck   Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Maybe a mysterious truck pulls up at the nursery in the middle of the night plants get loaded and a envelope with money is left.

This reminds me of the mysterious government truck that keeps dumping rock on my property.....

Life is better lived as a mystery.

Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Jon
When you wrote your post I didn't realise you were buying for your villa development. When I bought a pile of plants for our house, I did it the 'mysterious' way, they didn't know that the plants were destined for a bule house. The first nursery I went to, I went and the price was ridiculous. I took pictures of what I liked. Then I showed the pictures to my husband (a local) and he went and got the same plants for a fraction of the price.

For a business, if you don't have a business manager that can sort this out for you, my advice is to tell them you are buying for your development and if they want the business, and continued business in the future, then you need local price. Otherwise, tell them, you can buy from Bali but you'd rather not do that as it's better to give some business to Lombok because so many other things have to come from Bali. See if they can shift on price - otherwise maybe carry out your threat. Competition is much more in Bali.
Freo
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Jonathan Matterson wrote:
This reminds me of the mysterious government truck that keeps dumping rock on my property.....

hmmm, I'm waiting for you to report that an efficient government employee has now turned up to remove the rocks for a small fee of several juta Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Matterson
Lombok Virgin
Jonathan Matterson

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 pm

lol! Yeah thats funny! Not a chance of him taking nothing I have carved my name into each one including the golf ball sized rocks.

Yeah I have a Business Manager if you call him that but I have found the locals will rip the locals off just as bad.
The picture thing sounds a great idea!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plants and plastic pots    Plants and plastic pots  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plants and plastic pots
Page 1 of 1