Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lombok here we come!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Claire
Lombok Virgin
Claire

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-30

Lombok here we come! Empty
PostSubject: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Kia ora greetings…
Great to find this forum, I use to live in Lombok Timur (Pondok Aik Manis) 12 years ago! My husband is orang sasak and we have three amazing children. I left Lombok with my family after a couple of years of being sick with malaria…Anyway… We are on our way back for a holiday in Sept/Oct to catch up with family and are looking for a car to rent for about 5 weeks. Any idea who we could rent one from???
I look forward to connecting with you all!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Claire

Great to have you here to! Welcome to the forum Lombok here we come! Icon_sunny

I guess it depends where you are going to be based. We have a car rental place we use in Praya for guests if that is any good for you I will get the number from Made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi Claire
Suami saya orang Sasak juga. We don't have kids with each other as both of us were already a bit long in the tooth when we married. My husband has children from his previous marriage, and 5 grandchildren now. He is from Monjok Culik in Mataram. I am also counting down until I have a couple of weeks in Lombok at the end of Ramadan cheers and Damsiah goes to Lombok in a couple of weeks from now for a whole 6 weeks the lucky bugger.

When we hire a car we usually get something inexpensive from Mahsun in Senggigi. His hire business is about halfway down the main strip on the bend. Just ask around.
Freo
Back to top Go down
Claire
Lombok Virgin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks Gemma and Freo... Daham is from around Labuhan Lombok but we will be baseing ourselves around Labuhan Pandan as that's where all his friends are. Could either of you let me know what the rates is kira kira for car rental now....
Cheers Claire What a Face
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 am

A Dihatsu Xenia in Praya costs Rp275,000.

It may be cheaper in Senggigi where there is more competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:47 pm

sorry, I haven't rented a car for about 3 years so I've no idea what it is now. Senggigi is generally cheaper as there is more competition. You will probably have to get there and talk to someone like mahsun to negotiate a good rate for a 5 week hire. I've lost Mahsun's phone number, if you are desperate and can wait for a few weeks, Damsiah can find out and send it to me and I can post for you.
Back to top Go down
Claire
Lombok Virgin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:59 pm

You two are great cheers I appreciate your words of wisdom... I will sort something out in Sengiggi.
Freo, if you do get that number I would appreciate it if you could pass it on...

It's cold and wet here today, snowing on the hills, so the thought of being back in Lombok in a few weeks is WONDERFUL!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lombok here we come!   Lombok here we come! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lombok here we come!
Page 1 of 1