Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Our stay at Mimpi Manis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
macmaghnusa
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Our stay at Mimpi Manis   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Gemma & Made:

Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for the extremely pleasant stay we had at Mimpi Manis last month.
We were made to feel very welcome by Made and the rest of the staff. The food was great, especially the barbecued fish and spicy fish head soup we tried! I also had a great day out fishing with Made and his mate and saw how the locals chase flocks of seagulls around the bay in order to catch tuna. Fascinating!
We also booked transport to Flores with Made which unfortunately turned into a dreadful ordeal. I wasn't absolutely sure what we were getting and I was under the impression that we were booked on an overnight ferry from Labuan Lombok to labuanbajo. I repeatedly asked Made if we could book a berth and he told me that we would be approached by the ferry staff and probably pay around 60.000rp for cabin. We left MM at 6am for the trip to Mataram where we boarded a bus for the ride to the port in East Lombok. In Mataram we were told that the ferry would take us to Sumabawa for a 15 hour bus ride to Sape, the port of departure for Labuanbajo in Flores. We were also told that in Bima we'd have to change buses for the trip to Sape. We arrived in Bima at 9pm and were told that the bus to Sape wouldn't leave till 5am, forcing us to stay the night there (in a pretty depressing losmen next to the bus station) instead of Sape. When we arrived in Sape at 8am next morning the ferry was waiting for us but it didn't actually leave till midday! We then had to face a 7 hour crossing to Labuanbajo, arriving there completely knackered and demoralised at 7pm. If we had known that I would be on a 36 hour bus-ferry-bus-ferry odyssey, we wouldn't have booked and would have flown instead. We paid 800,000 rp per person for this, but I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. We flew back to Bali for the same price with Transnusa and it was worth every rupiah. If any of your future guests request transport to Flores, I think you should make it very clear to them the nature of the trip and that the best option probably is to fly, bearing in mind people's different budget limitations etc.

all the best,

adrian mcmanus & luz rey

p.s. I told Made that he should register on the World Sea Fishing Forums website, in the sub-section 'International Angler'. There he could post pictures of his magnificent catches and garner interest in
that side of your business. There's a tackle shop owner in Tenerife that does the same thing and has a steady stream of customers throughout the year.
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1278147740-a66700977c427cc01a167f321db85292c85764b9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Our stay at Mimpi Manis   Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your comments on Mimpi Manis - sorry to hear about the trip to Flores though!

Made was couldn't remember the site that you told him of - we googled butthere were so many we didnt know where to start and so didnt! But now we have the link we will get him registered soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mimpimanis.com
macmaghnusa
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Our stay at Mimpi Manis   Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:48 pm

I've posted on there this morning, so all he has to do is reply to that with one of his piccies. The japanese guy with the giant trevally, for example... :-)
cheers!
A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our stay at Mimpi Manis   

Back to top Go down

Our stay at Mimpi Manis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1