Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An hour in Lombok!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-01

An hour in Lombok! Empty
PostSubject: An hour in Lombok!   An hour in Lombok! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:10 am

I popped over to Lombok today to sign my new KITAS and get fingerprinted.

The flight over was fine, my agent picked me up and took me to immigration, where it is great to see that they have a whizzy new computerised system for photos, and electronic fingerprinting. No more hands stained with ink for days. However one thing that hasnt changed is the finger print guy asking for a "present" He asked me for my new ring, that I only bought yesterday in Ubud, and told him as much. So he asked me what I was going to give him as a present for his wife. I reluctantly offered him my pinky ring, an engraved silver band but he was not impressed and turned his nose up at it. My agent then asked me to leave the room for a minute and when he came out, said he had sorted it.... as he should. What is the point in paying agents if you still have to go and pay extra or give presents?

The flight back to Bali was the hairiest I have done yet, with bums leaving seats on two occasions with the turbulence and shaking of the aircraft. After a few initial shrieks, most people sat in silence till it was time to land, even the flight assistants stopped their chatter behind me!
Back to top Go down
https://lomboklovers.aforumfree.com
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

An hour in Lombok! Empty
PostSubject: Re: An hour in Lombok!   An hour in Lombok! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:19 pm

I've only had the fingerprinting done once, glad to hear it's not such a messy job anymore. Funny, he never asked me for anything, I checked with Damsiah and he didn't want anything from him either. Maybe a different guy ? Does the new computer thingy mean you don't have to supply a stack of photos every time you get a visa - I was always amazed that I had to give them 5 or 6 photos every 30 days on the social visa. What about photocopies? have they got a working copy machine yet?

Also - on the flights, do you have a preference for airlines at the moment? Damsiah wants to get his family to pre-purchase his ticket and have it waiting for him in Bali for when he gets there in September - easier that way than risking not getting a flight and having to do the ferry trip or stay in Bali. Any chance of publishing an update on who is flying and schedules some time?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-01

An hour in Lombok! Empty
PostSubject: Re: An hour in Lombok!   An hour in Lombok! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Nope, totally different set up now. Different guy too, infact two guys and a girl in a small room upstairs with all the computer equipment and camera. You enter one at a time. There used to be queues of locals also waiting to get their fingerprints done but there were none... so maybe they are still being done manually downstairs.

Because I use an agent now, and I am on a KITAS not social Budaya, which only gets extended each year, I dont have to worry about all the photocopies and photos anymore. I had to give about 20 photos last year. He must still have some as he didnt want any this time.

I flew with Trigana Air. The three airlines currently flying are Merpati, Trigana & Indonesia Air Transport.

Trigana fly Denpasar to Mataram at 9am and return at 12 noon. They do another return run in the afternoon. I will check the times and also schedules of the other airlines.

My ticket was Rp780.000 return.

I dont really have any preference for flights. Merpati tend to be a bit more expensive and I would avoid their 4pm flight to Lombok at that is frequently delayed. I think because it is a leg of a longer journey.
Back to top Go down
https://lomboklovers.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

An hour in Lombok! Empty
PostSubject: Re: An hour in Lombok!   An hour in Lombok! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An hour in Lombok!
Page 1 of 1