Lombok Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lombok Lovers

Lombok's Friendliest Forum has a new home!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Western Doctor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grandma
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Western Doctor   Western Doctor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Dose anyone know of a good western doctor in mataram/senggigi area? Need for my four month old grand child. Not having much luck with doctors.
Back to top Go down
outahere
Lombok Looney

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Doctor   Western Doctor Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm sorry, I don't know of any western doctors available in Lombok (wish I did!). Hopefully Gemma will see your post - she has had some experience with a sick baby in Lombok. If not, take him/her to the hospital in Ampenan. You should be able to get reasonable treatment there, or referred to a good doctor.
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Doctor   Western Doctor Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 am

Sorry but my experiences of doctors - or rather Pediatricians in Lombok is not very good.

Its late now but I will post more about it all tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
kikyo
Lombok Virgin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: hi   Western Doctor Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:33 pm

hello....im new here, can anyone help me about good cheap homestay/ bungalow in lombok?
coz i will move to lombok next month. it is have good n fast internet there?
thx for help
Back to top Go down
Gemma
Lombok Looney
Gemma

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Doctor   Western Doctor Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:13 pm

I dont think there are any Western Doctors in Lombok. Infact I am sure that I read online that Indonesia does not allow foriegn doctors to work here but I dont know if that is true.

I dont know if your grandchild is western or Indonesian but my experience of having a sick child was forget the hippocratic oath - the doctors just saw $$$$. In Bali at 10 days old we were told my son was bow legged and would have full casts on both his legs for 6 weeks, during which time he would have to stay in hospital as the cats had to be changed weekly. As we wanted to return to lombok we let them put the cast on but brought him to Lombok went to a paediatrician there. Without even examining my son or the xrays we brought - he said the casts would have to be changed once a week for 6 MONTHS at a cost of 1 million per week!

Not being able to afford that we ended up going to the public hospital in Praya who checked Martin's legs and said there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. I hate to think not just of the money we would have spent on 6 months of cast changes but the damage it might have done to him being in casts for the first 6 months of his life.

On from there he frequently had bad coughs and chest infections we saw countless doctors and it was who gave him antibiotics and cough bottles but he was eventually diagnosed in Bali with a bronchial problem which has since developed into asthma.

So.... based on my experience in Lombok I would actually go to the public hospital where there isnt a cash incentive to wrongly diagnose somthing. You dont say what is wrong with your grandchild but hospitals here are used to dealing with all the usual illnesses & diseases.

In Bali I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Dyah a paediatrician in Kasih Ibu at Jimbaran.

I hope your grandchild gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimpimanis.com
tom
Lombok Lover

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Doctor   Western Doctor Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:52 am

that is scarey stuff Gemma. seems nothing is off limits when it comes to making a buck. i will surely keep your experience and advice in mind if and when my time comes. tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Western Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Doctor   Western Doctor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Western Doctor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lombok Lovers :: Lombok Expat Forum :: Lombok Expat Forum-
Jump to: